No announcement yet.

Best 25.06 round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have shot that ammo in both of mine, and it shoots well. I like the interlock bullet, it has proven itself to me in several calibers.

Comment

I had a similar issue with a box of Hornady in my 7-08 last year, but never had an issue with Federal. I don't have a 25-06, but shoot the Fusion in my 7-08 and love the results.

Comment

I use the Hornady Superformance 117 SST. They are devastating and kill quickly. Only downside is it will damage the shoulder meat if you shoot them there. Everything with the exception of a mule deer that was quartering away were pass thru shots. Farthest track job was about 40 yards with plenty of blood to track.

Comment

Have used many different hand and factory loads on white tails pretty much all bang flop my newest to me 25/06 absolutely loves the Hornady American Whitetail 117 grain bang flopped a full grown northern Missouri buck chasing a doe at about 125 yards last November

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
            Hornady 117gr American whitetail. They don’t know what hits em
            Ive shot approx 300 rounds of this ammo and everything has dropped right in its tracks.

Comment

I’ve hand-loaded the Hornady
              117 gn SST and it’s not been the most accurate ( in my rifle anyway)
              But very accurate for others I load this cartridge for.

All whitetail & hogs hit with it are drt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Remington 100 gr. Core Lokt for me.

Comment

Have always used the Federal Sierra game king 117 in my Ruger M77 MKII and never any misfires and drt performance on deer and hogs.

Comment

Hornady 117 SST Superformance for me, they are a nasty round!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                      This has been my experience as well.

Comment

x3

I tested the accuracy between the American Whitetail 117 grain interlok vs the SST 117 Superperfromance. The SST was WAYYYY more accurate. Put each shot in the same hole with a factory savage. The American Whitetail shot a hair over an inch.

As far as animals, both have been good for me.

Comment

Both mine and my wife’s 25-06 shoot the 117 American whitetail Hornady wonderfully.
                          That said, I’m contemplating switching her to the partitions this year. I would like to see their performance

Comment

What rifle's are you guy's shooting? My son wanting a 25-06 bad, and I got him a Weatherby Vanguard, and that gun was the most inaccurate frustrating rifle I've ever messed with in my life. I spent well over $200 in different factory ammo after breaking it in per factory recommendations, and the gun just wouldn't group. I did some research and I found multiple people have had issues with the Vanguard in 25-06. Weatherby replaced it with 270. Haven't shot it yet, but haven't heard a bad thing about the 270 in a vanguard. They actually upgraded him to a Vanguard Wilderess for all the trouble having to ship the 25-06 back and forth a couple of times.
                            Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 01-07-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Ive heard that Hornady ammo can be a little finicky out of a 25.06? Im assuming you guys that have shot Hornady, have not had any problems like that? Ive heard it can be inconsistent out of a 25.06? True? Ive shot the Sierra Game Kings like Im presently shooting before and didnt have problems. Deer fell in their tracks on shoulder shots. But this was just crazy. 9 out of 11 bullets didnt fire. Dont know if I got a bad batch of primers, or if its the rifle, but it would seem like it "two" fired then it wouldnt be the rifle? Ya think? Im gonna take ammo to a gun shop this weekend and ask them what they think.

Comment

That’s all we shoot out of my Kimber 25.06. It’s the most accurate factory round i have found for that gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X