New project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Absolutely. Seeing a difference between Lapua 6 SRP and Hornady LRP.

Velocity wise. Lapua you can push harder and get more firings. That said I run Hornady as I have a steady supply..

Supply is a key factor these days

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      You think if you went with a “better” brass it would make a difference in that area?

Sierracharlie out....
      Probably better brass would help, but that was all I could find. I did notice the faster I pushed it, the SD and ES improved but the groups did not. Primers seem to be big deal too, magnum primers versus standard primers showed a little more velocity but the SD got bigger.

Supposedly a 22 CM is a barrel burner and good for 1000 rounds or so, I have shot this one about 1/2 that.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Supply is a key factor these days

Sierracharlie out....
        One thing I’ve noticed is Lapua stuff doesn’t sell out nearly as fast as the cheaper components. I’ve got a couple hundred Lapua 6 Creed SRP, but I haven’t had the desire to use it. I lose a piece or two of brass each time we set up on hogs at night, and we can set up 5-7 times. I feel a lot better about losing Hornady brass lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          One thing I’ve noticed is Lapua stuff doesn’t sell out nearly as fast as the cheaper components. I’ve got a couple hundred Lapua 6 Creed SRP, but I haven’t had the desire to use it. I lose a piece or two of brass each time we set up on hogs at night, and we can set up 5-7 times. I feel a lot better about losing Hornady brass lol

I hear that. My 260 and 243 brass is being boarded like toilet paper. I ain’t even touching the 338 Lapua brass!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
          X