No announcement yet.

New project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s bad azzzzz. I’m really contemplating one of this for my daughter for the adjustable LOP just not sure on weight. Too many options haha

Good work young man

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      That’s bad azzzzz. I’m really contemplating one of this for my daughter for the adjustable LOP just not sure on weight. Too many options haha

Good work young man

Sierracharlie out....
      That Havak PH1 is the factory action, and is rocking a #5 contour. I BELIEVE it’s a Rock Creek, but not positive on that. It’s been a few years since I looked into it. Anyways it balances very well as it sets, and with the tripod he handles it easily. Still too heavy for him to free hand, but tripod, rested in a blind, or prone he is money with it.

Comment

I’ll say this. At 5 years I wasn’t killing anything other than time while watching my dad shoot. Dang sure not with a semi custom rifle topped with a Night Force and a suppressor lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I’ll say this. At 5 years I wasn’t killing anything other than time while watching my dad shoot. Dang sure not with a semi custom rifle topped with a Night Force and a suppressor lol

I was still picking my nose and hunting wasn’t hardly on the map at age five lol.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I was still picking my nose and hunting wasn’t hardly on the map at age five lol.

Sierracharlie out....
            I was going with my dad and his friend hog hunting already at 5, but I just sat in the backseat and went to sleep mostly. I didn’t get to shoot at anything until I was 7, and even then I was still missing lol

Comment

The last thing to go through this guys mind was an 80 Gr ELDM. Shot this one, and one other right between the eyes last night. Had a handful of hogs shot well over 200 as well. Really liking this rifle for what I built it for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3EBC91BD-8548-4104-9DA9-59A8587DA7B4.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	24638765

Comment

Something is missing there..

22 creed is pretty devastating!

Comment

I witnessed him long bombing several. The 22 creed is impressive on piggies! Good shootin buddy

Comment

Looks like an eye popping experience!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I have been using Berger 77 gr and Reloder 26 in my 22 Creed. She is a screamer for sure.

Those Bergers just pop apart inside pigs,lol.

Comment

Looks like an eye popping experience!

Sierracharlie out....
                        Trophy8 and I popped one right before this simultaneously, and it just had a couple of tiny holes. A dime of blood out the forehead, and that was it. This one was a single 80 ELDM and popped his eyes out. Either way neither shot were near as graphic as I’m used to with deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I have been using Berger 77 gr and Reloder 26 in my 22 Creed. She is a screamer for sure.

Those Bergers just pop apart inside pigs,lol.
                          What kind of speeds are you getting with it? I’ve got a line on some RL26 (or did anyways) and have been considering picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            What kind of speeds are you getting with it? I’ve got a line on some RL26 (or did anyways) and have been considering picking it up.
                            Right at 3400FPS, shoots in the .3's pretty easy. I tried H4350 but RL26 is the gas. My barrel is 24" Lilja 3 groove 7 twist. Berger 77 gr VLD.

You have to watch the pressure signs on the case head, I can get faster but the case starts swelling back at the head by .002 and that is no bueno for case life.

I am still using the Hornady brass right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              Right at 3400FPS, shoots in the .3's pretty easy. I tried H4350 but RL26 is the gas. My barrel is 24" Lilja 3 groove 7 twist. Berger 77 gr VLD.

You have to watch the pressure signs on the case head, I can get faster but the case starts swelling back at the head by .002 and that is no bueno for case life.

I am still using the Hornady brass right now.

You think if you went with a “better” brass it would make a difference in that area?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

You think if you went with a “better” brass it would make a difference in that area?

Sierracharlie out....
                                Absolutely. Seeing a difference between Lapua 6 SRP and Hornady LRP.
                                Velocity wise. Lapua you can push harder and get more firings. That said I run Hornady as I have a steady supply..

Comment

Working...
                                X