New project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    I’ll ask, but kinda doubtful. He hoards loading components like no other.
    Lol, I know that guy when I look in the mirror.

I had Clayton build my Switchlug, and one of the things that he told me to do was build it on a long action. Makes the Switchlug much more universal, because the long action will handle non magnum short or long calibers. He also keeps the specs of your rifle and he can make another barrel with just a phone call, dont have to send back the action. However he did say that if I wanted a barrel with a muzzle brake that I would need to send back the action, because he would need to align the ports of the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Lol, I know that guy when I look in the mirror.

I had Clayton build my Switchlug, and one of the things that he told me to do was build it on a long action. Makes the Switchlug much more universal, because the long action will handle non magnum short or long calibers. He also keeps the specs of your rifle and he can make another barrel with just a phone call, dont have to send back the action. However he did say that if I wanted a barrel with a muzzle brake that I would need to send back the action, because he would need to align the ports of the brake.
      I fully understand the need and desire to make it more useful, but I’m as OCD as it comes about using the right tool for the job. I’ve already got a long action build planned, but it’ll probably be late 2020 or even 2021 before that build starts. Thinking 28 Nosler/300PRC Switchlug setup. The 28 to drive them fast, and 300 for the factory ammo option. I want that rifle in 8.5lb range, as I’m not a fan of a 6.5-7 lb big boomer.

Comment

Got a few goodies from Area 418 in the mail today for the build. Waiting on the Switchlug that should arrive this week from WTO, and the barrel is heading to LRI for a special “project” as soon as it gets here next week.Click image for larger version

Name:	5505CCBB-1DF5-4B4C-946E-A033B16F183B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	24604271

Comment

Added an 8” Arca rail, barricade block, and Harris Arca adapter for my bipod for now. Going to dial it in with my Trail XP50LRF for night killing as well. With the 22 Creed barrel on 400 should be easy work even with thermal. Click image for larger version

Name:	A3EE128C-5674-4F9B-8969-963669731E2D.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	24604280Click image for larger version

Name:	2CBBAA61-2AD8-4C1D-A2CA-7121AF4EF951.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	24604281

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I’ve been looking at these in 6.5 PRC and the only thing that has put me off on them is the trigger. I wasn’t aware you could just get a Timney drop in trigger and add it. Can you use any Timney drop in or does it have to be a specific one?

Sorry to derail, but it now has my interest peaked, I wasn’t a fan of their trigger only going down to 2.5 pounds.

Comment

Those are shooters! Excited to see where this ends up!

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                  I’ve been looking at these in 6.5 PRC and the only thing that has put me off on them is the trigger. I wasn’t aware you could just get a Timney drop in trigger and add it. Can you use any Timney drop in or does it have to be a specific one?

Sorry to derail, but it now has my interest peaked, I wasn’t a fan of their trigger only going down to 2.5 pounds.
                  Depending on the model you go with they come standard with a 510 or Elite Timney. So you can freely switch by just dropping them in.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Depending on the model you go with they come standard with a 510 or Elite Timney. So you can freely switch by just dropping them in.

It will be the Havak PH2, which I’m not sure which trigger that comes with, but 2.5 Lbs is the minimum poundage, which is way too strong for me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be the Havak PH2, which I’m not sure which trigger that comes with, but 2.5 Lbs is the minimum poundage, which is way too strong for me haha

PH2 has the Timney Elite Hunter.

OP- Sorry for the sidetrack and congrats on the smoking deal and fun build

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        PH2 has the Timney Elite Hunter.

OP- Sorry for the sidetrack and congrats on the smoking deal and fun build

Just reread it, it’s set at 2.5 Lbs should adjust down

OP I apologize again, your gun should be a blast to shoot!

Comment

It’s a Remington 700 footprint action. It’ll take any trigger that’s made for the 700s with a side bolt release. I won’t build off anything that’s not a 700 footprint, as I’m partial to the aftermarket selection afforded by them.

Comment

Just reread it, it’s set at 2.5 Lbs should adjust down

OP I apologize again, your gun should be a blast to shoot!

I believe the Elite Hunter goes down to 1.5 lbs if I recall correctly. The trigger in this rifle is the Calvin Elite Two Stage, and is set at 1 lb. Personally I prefer a TriggerTech Special or Diamond, but for the deal I got on this rifle I was too worried about it. I may end up swapping down the road. The previous owner had added the Calvin Elite.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              I believe the Elite Hunter goes down to 1.5 lbs if I recall correctly. The trigger in this rifle is the Calvin Elite Two Stage, and is set at 1 lb. Personally I prefer a TriggerTech Special or Diamond, but for the deal I got on this rifle I was too worried about it. I may end up swapping down the road. The previous owner had added the Calvin Elite.
                              1.5 Lbs is what I currently have on my 300 WM and it’s a breeze, I might still look into swapping the trigger to get down to 1 lbs once I get the rifle and shoot it some.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

So I pulled the original 6.5 Creed barrel and intended to sell it. Personally I have no use for the caliber. After a little inspection and taking a look at some SAAMI specs I’ve come to the conclusion that I can punch out the 6.5 Creed to a 6.5 PRC without much effort. I already order a short action magnum bolt from Seekins last week, so this will end up having a roughly 22-22.5” 6.5 PRC barrel as well so that I retain a factory ammo option. Should be punched out and ready to roll by next weekend with the 6.5 PRC barrel. I’m still waiting for my 22 Creed barrel so I can send it off to LRI for a special fluting project they’re doing for me.

Also, I’m leaning towards selling the Timney CE Two Stage if anyone is interested. Fits 700 footprints with a side bolt release. $170 or trade for a Trigger Tech Special.

Comment

Working...
                                X