Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought it was Bow/Crossbow Season

Comment

.45 LC with shot shell in an Uberti. May be upgrading to my new to me .44 mag Virginian Dragoon with a combo of shot shells and hard cast.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

G40 MOS 10mm. Because it is just plain fun to shoot!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Why not just buy a carry gun.......and carry it......everywhere?

I’m not 21 so I can’t but this is the mentality everyone should have. Carry everywhere period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            I carry Thunder and Lightning everywhere I go

You win! Haha

Comment

Often times it’s my G43 (my edc)

But mostly , I carry my G22. No longer a popular caliber, but it has killed hundreds of pigs, and dispatched loads of other varmints as well. It’s been working flawlessly for over 20 years and many thousands of rounds.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I like a 4" wheel gun for work days or anytime snakes are likely on the move, so usually a S&W 19 or Python...having the 38 rat shot available for your 1st bang has come in handy & you can always rotate the cylinder if you need the solids.

While we haven't had any real problems in 15 years, We are still close to the border & a crusty border city, so if there aren't many members around a lonely campfire then the STI 40 that Chris Dr'd up for me or the EDC X9 is preferred after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                  Same here. Some of my favorite ‘ranch personas’ are the guys in unscuffed Chippewas, pressed jeans w/ tucked in button downs, short brim felt hats, and big pistols on their side.

A judge would be my preferred ranch sidearm, various rifles in the truck work fine though.
                  you can always spot them in town lol I'm from the city too but I still get a good kick out of seeing them

Comment

None, about the only place i don't carry a pistol is on a ranch/lease. Generally in the way and just extra crap to carry.

Comment

1911 in 9mm

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

A 10mm Glock with an RMR is the ideal woods sidearm in almost every scenario. When approaching a kill in the dark in bear country a 454 is good to have along. A 22 is fun for plinking around the farm. Unless you’re worried about two legged varmints, those three guns will cover your needs.

Comment

Lots of different comments and preferences but here's a comparison that addresses both the 10mm and the Judge (the 410 "snake shot" and 45 Long Colt which I have both rounds loaded.)

The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare 10mm Auto vs .45 Colt (LC Long Colt) ammo rounds. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, bullet weight, o

With that said, during active snake season, I carry the Judge "wheel," pictured..but after the snakes have denned up I carry the Glock 10mm simply for a higher magazine capacity for critters I want to deter IF they decide to get after my ole' butt. And yes, the 45 Colt will do the job on any Texas critter I don't want to deal with as well as the 10mm!

I know many if not most want the ONE that will do it all and that's a personal choice, but thanks to my son's I have options. Just IMO but it's fun to pick one depending on my mood? Good luck on your decision and most of all, have fun!
                          Attached Files

Comment

JK carry my P10c 90% of the time as it’s my main carry gun

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              And I thought it was Bow/Crossbow Season

You’re in “The other side of the ranch” section [emoji57]

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                                Lots of different comments and preferences but here's a comparison that addresses both the 10mm and the Judge (the 410 "snake shot" and 45 Long Colt which I have both rounds loaded.)

The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare 10mm Auto vs .45 Colt (LC Long Colt) ammo rounds. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to a particular manufacturer, bullet weight, o

With that said, during active snake season, I carry the Judge "wheel," pictured..but after the snakes have denned up I carry the Glock 10mm simply for a higher magazine capacity for critters I want to deter IF they decide to get after my ole' butt. And yes, the 45 Colt will do the job on any Texas critter I don't want to deal with as well as the 10mm!

I know many if not most want the ONE that will do it all and that's a personal choice, but thanks to my son's I have options. Just IMO but it's fun to pick one depending on my mood? Good luck on your decision and most of all, have fun!

I have that same Judge with the 3" cylinders and long barrel in stainless. Sucker shoots pretty good with the 45LC rounds considering that long cylinder and barrel gap. I keep in on me when I'm hunting/playing around my place at home or east Texas river bottom property... It's a moccasin killin' sucker... If I wind up on a pig track, I put in the 45's.

Comment

Working...
                                X