Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    I assume you load your own?
    Yes, I've been rolling my own going right on 30 years now. I never have been much on factory ammunition, but it's made huge strides in accuracy and consistency since I started loading. I have my own loads for them, but I've found some factory fodder that shoots well in my CZ 527/.223 and my Bushmaster .223, but I load for every other caliber I have.

It's more for my own therapy than anything else!

Comment

I have been impressed with these in my .308's. I know it's a superior round, but I bet you would get great results in the Six5-CM

Last edited by Traildust; 01-22-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I have never had any issues with the Hornady ELD-X.

Comment

I load my own.
          Used 143 ELDx on a pronghorn at 75 yards, shot through the left shoulder and stopped in right hind quarter. He just sat down like a dog and rolled over. Destroyed the shoulder.

Also used 123 SST on this years buck.
          Broad side at 90 yards, bang/flop. High shoulder clipped both shoulders with a silver dollar sized exit hole, that's a 1.5" hole for the kiddos.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be "that guy"..... I use the ELD-M in several of our deer rifles. 123's ,my son shoots in his grendel(AR), 123's in my .260, and 140's in my wifes CM.

All enter the diameter hornady made them, and leave an exit wound the size of a tennis ball. The 123's and the 140's. I've never been a fan of the polymer tipped projectiles, but these work very well for us. I shoot sierra almost exclusively, but these have found a spot in the lineup.

Deer trails have been from 10 yards to 50, all lung shots to save the shoulders. Deer are like people i guess, some are tougher than others.

Comment

I've killed several deer with the 143 ELDX and was not pleased. Everyone of them blew-up and retained vey little weight. To be fair, all deer were shot at less than 100 yards using a .264 Winchester Magnum. They should work fine in a Creedmoor.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                I have tracked more animals with eldx out of a creedmoore more then all
                Other calibers combined.
                Wow, that is very telling as to the popularity of both of those items.

The only 2 animals I've shot (yote and doe) with the MB were both DRT using the Hornady American whitetails.

Comment

I shoot the 143 eldx and have not had any issues. Over the past couple of years I’ve killed approx 50 animals (WT, pigs, axis, aoudad) and not a single unrecovered animal. I guess I better knock on wood now. Haha. Most all shots, except maybe a handful, were neck shots and the animal was drt.

As other folks have said, shot placement is key. My youngest daughter neck shoots with a .22-250 in 55gr, never had a single issue there either and she has killed pigs up to 300+ lbs. For some reason it won’t let me upload pics.

Comment

I use Prime Ammo. Here’s the exit on the buck I shot this year.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Animals don’t run or run far with good shots.

Comment

Wow I must not have any idea what I'm doing with my CM.

Every deer from Edna to Cotula to Starr County to Bandera County must not have read all the negative things about the caliber and simply died where they stood when shot with the 129 grain SST bullet.

Stupid deer didn't know they were supposed to not bleed, supposed to run or be tracked by dogs or be shot all over the place lmao.

Hope I find some more of those stupid deer this weekend down George West way.

Comment

The only two animals I have shot with the 143 gr ELD-X are a pronghorn at 337 yards, dead right there, and an axis doe at 50 yards. She ran 50 yards and bled quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            143 eldx
                            This I have dropped 3 deer multiple hogs and never had anything run further than 100, keep in mind these wild animals are tough m f ers and can handle some crazy stuff.

Comment

SO cull doe on my buddys place very tight quartering shot , range 278 6.5 ELDX dropped on the spot .

Funny the 6.5 is a fad, tracked more deer on the Caliber than any other .. but we shoot them with a 223/556 round and thats is fine .

Sounds like poor shots on this end . Take the caliber out of the equation and lets just do some good ole fashion math with mass X velocity = energy.

Dropped on the spot no bullet recovery as you can see the exit . He he stopped and turned as I pulled the trigger as he was trotting along entry right through the shoulder .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

recovered from the Doe that dropped on the spot as well . I fail so see the issue , everything I have shot with it does not go far if at all .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr
                              Last edited by HDWRENCH; 01-24-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I thought the 6.5 was designed for long distance shooting at plates, coyotes and prairie dogs?

Comment

Working...
                                X