No announcement yet.

6.5 Creedmore issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

143 eldx. Axis buck, Aoudad, 3 pigs, 2 yotes. No tacking needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      I believe you, but not all good shots are high shoulder shots?
      They shot them all over.

Comment

129 grain American white tale. Dropped an Aoudad at 237 yards.

Comment

My buddy has killed two bucks with his 6.5 creed and both ran with no blood trail or exit.

I shot a hog this year with no blood trail and a yote. I’d much rather shoot critters with my 264 win mag than my 6.5 creed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

140gr Sierra Gameking from HSM. 1 deer went maybe 30/40 yards and 1 hog DRT with shot behind the ear.

Comment

I used the 140 grain Remington Core Lokt on a pretty good size doe at around 140 yards. Kind of a high shot and she dropped instantly. I want to try the 143 grain stuff also.

Comment

Wow, guess this answered the guys post,” why so many 6.5 creed for sale.”

Comment

I could care less about any CM they are just a fad, not any better than anything that’s been around longer. That said... there is no cartridge that is just gonna drop everything you shoot with it behind the shoulder. I’ve never dropped a whitetail with a behind the shoulder shot, even with 180 gr .30 cal bullets. If you want them to drop where they stand, you have to shoot them high in the shoulder to shock the spine and break down the shoulder. Any caliber is capable of this, so I wouldn’t worry that your bullet is not working. It seems to be doing exactly what it’s meant to do, to kill.

Comment

I’ve seen more deer run with a 6.5 than anything else. When I had mine a few years back I’d base of the neck shoot them or high shoulder. They were drt. But anything behind the shoulder they ran with very little blood. But I’ve also seen people that get real good blood. Just luck of the draw I guess. The one gun I’ve seen absolutely pulverize animals is the 7/08 and they almost match trajectory and velocity. Weird.

Comment

120gr ballistic tip. Lots of shock with that bullet

Comment

I have tracked more animals with eldx out of a creedmoore more then all
                        Other calibers combined.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                          I have tracked more animals with eldx out of a creedmoore more then all
                          Other calibers combined.

Wow that’s surprising. I bought my son a 6.5 two years ago and he has been using the 143 grain ELDX. He’s made some good shots and some not so good shots and has dropped both deer and hogs like a bad habit.
                          I don’t like for him to shoot deer in the shoulder with it because it wrecks both shoulders but it’s been a dang hood combo so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had great luck with the hornady superformance 129 sst. They act similar to a nosler ballistic tip (rapid expansion and energy deposited into the animal) anywhere near the shoulder and it seems DRT
                            I have made a couple less than stellar shots with it and animals ran but not far.

Comment

I just started hunting with one this year. 1 shot at 300yds through the heart and he just stumbled and collapsed with the 143 ELDX precision hunter. This thread is surprising to me.

Comment

I paid cash for my 130 grain vld Bergers, and everything has fallen in sight.

Comment

Working...
                                X