6.5 ManBun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    That is 6 CM, not 6.5, but I bet you are right on the 6.5 for under 25 a box. I looked at midway and it was $30-40. And no i don't scoff at the rifle/scope combo, i was laughing at the fact that if you are spending 2 grand on a rifle/scope, saving $3 on ammo for 300 mag match seemed pointless (seems too cheap i know but the same place you listed has 300 for 28 a box). I have seen 300 mags win at a mile and i dont think a 6.5 creed will ever do it. Once again, i think the 6.5 CM is a fine, but somewhat overrated. And i do think the 6mms will be the go to in 1000 yard comps, the people in the know are already winning with them, because anything that can be said about the 6.5 at 1000, is even more true for the 6s. Pretty sure it was a 243 Winchester that set the European record the other day.

PS you shoot well, you should go win some matches. Anything under moa at those distances is dang impressive to me. I didn't know if you were one of th e guys ringing a 36" plate at 1000 yards and then saying you had a 1000 yard gun
    I can shoot decently positional, but I’m slow. I shoot with multiple guys that have been the Finale several years running. I can shoot with them accuracy wise, but they make me look like a one legged gimp speed wise haha that 6 Creedmoor was just what I had pulled up as to that’s what I’ve started shooting recently. I’ve setup several rifles for new shooters in the past couple of years, and that’s roughly what I’ve paid for 6.5 as well.

I’ll agree the Creedmoor is somewhat overrated, but the factory availability is what’s driven it’s success. It’s hard to go wrong with for someone that doesn’t want to or doesn’t know how to load, which seems to be the large majority.

Comment

Do y’all have an opinion about the future commercial success of the 6 CM? The reason ask is because I have a family member who bought a 25 WSSM 😩.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
        Do y’all have an opinion about the future commercial success of the 6 CM? The reason ask is because I have a family member who bought a 25 WSSM 😩.
        Yeah, that sucks. I think the 6 CM will stay around, cause it seems like the long range fad is gonna be here a while yet. Be aware that all of that does tend to cycle, several years back sillywets were huge and now it is almost nonexistent. The 243 winchester works too and ain't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Here’s a question for some of you. Name one other caliber that you can grab a sub $25 box of ammo and take a factory rifle out and shoot 1400 yds consistently? I can name a few calibers that will do the work, but they’re not coming anywhere close to $25 a box.

By factory rifle I’m speaking of Bergara HMR, Seekins Havak, Ruger PRP, etc. Yes they’re higher end, but they still shoot impressive for the money.
          6.5 cm, 1400 yards, consistently,

All these words in same sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
            If you’re not hand loading it’s always a barrel spin away from another caliber. If you are, then it won’t be an issue anyways. Personally I think it’ll stick around though.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              If you’re not hand loading it’s always a barrel spin away from another caliber. If you are, then it won’t be an issue anyways. Personally I think it’ll stick around though.
              That, my friend, is an excellent point!

Comment

Working...
              X