No announcement yet.

6.5 ManBun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More energy than a 243. Less recoil than a 308. More ammo choices than a 260. What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
      I think it's simple the 260 and 6.5 Creed are basically the same besides who backed them. Remington is great at killing rounds or trying to at least. Would love to see the 30 RAR come back but they don't really make brass anymore and the 260 remember again they stopped supporting it back in the day but it was so good and could make brass from 308 the reloaders kept it alive.

Hornady backed the creedmoor and yes marketing kept it going. What Remington should have done with the 260 and we wouldn't be having this argument.

We've all seen some GREAT Remington rounds die on the vine from Remington's lack of support. I still wonder how the 6.5Rem Mag would be doing in today's market had it not been left to die. BUT..... this one's a little different and I don't think it ALL falls on Remington's lack of support.

Both cartridges are IDENTICAL in case capacity(QL lists 53.5gr H20 capacity for both). Any difference would be small variances among different brands of brass. They shoot the same bullets. That's about as dead even as you can get. But....One has case dimensions designed to seat a long, heavy bullet out to take full advantage of it's capacity and still fit in multiple mag systems, where the other does not. One is clearly better thought out in it's design. You could also throw in better shoulder angle and more realistic pressure limits, but that might be considered subjective.

Comment

There's a new caliber in the works
        called the 8.6 creedmoor. (.338)
        Probably now known as the
        8.6 Fatbun

What the hell is 8.6 Creedmoor? It's the .338 Federal, right? No. Similar, but no. It's the result of a collaboration between Q and Hornady, and it promises to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Except fit in a short action mag when seated out further. What really set the caliber off is the availability of reasonably priced QUALITY factory ammo. Sure 308 and 243 have a large selection of factory ammo, but they don’t have many offerings for LR at a reasonable price. For the longest time your 308 options were either FGMM or Black Hills. The BH stuff wasn’t that cheap, and the FGMM either your rifle liked it or it didn’t. Now that CM has taken off a few other manufacturers have produced better loads for 308, etc but by then Creedmoor had gained popularity. .260 has had its day. It’s slowly going the way of the DoDo. If it could fit in a AI mag when seated out further the CM may have never been introduced.

Going the way of the DO DO is funny

Comment

Funny. Seems I mentioned it once then someone photoshopped a pic of me with a manbun. I wish I had enough hair for one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha love it. Seems like the 7mm-08 isn't far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                Going the way of the DO DO is funny
                I was being a bit facetious there, but it’s not gaining any more popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  I’ll stick with don’t.

The only reason it is popular is that gun manufacturers finally made barrels with a fast enough twist to stabilize high BC bullets, and ammo manufacturers made the super-duper ballistics mainstream. The chambering itself doesn’t do anything a 260 hasn’t been doing for a long time, and at 500 yards and less the whole BC thing doesn’t really matter.

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When everyone insists on bringing up BC, recoil, long range, etc as if every other cartridge is obsolete and all of the sudden they can shoot flies at 1000 yds, then it's manbun. Yes it performs well, but so do most other cartridges in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                      When everyone insists on bringing up BC, recoil, long range, etc as if every other cartridge is obsolete and all of the sudden they can shoot flies at 1000 yds, then it's manbun. Yes it performs well, but so do most other cartridges in the real world.
                      Noooooooo... the 6.5 CM does everything. Better.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                        I think it's simple the 260 and 6.5 Creed are basically the same besides who backed them. Remington is great at killing rounds or trying to at least. Would love to see the 30 RAR come back but they don't really make brass anymore and the 260 remember again they stopped supporting it back in the day but it was so good and could make brass from 308 the reloaders kept it alive.

Hornady backed the creedmoor and yes marketing kept it going. What Remington should have done with the 260 and we wouldn't be having this argument.
                        Man, if the 30AR was introduced now, I think it would be pretty popular.

Comment

Oh yea. Amazing deer round. Imagine the 120gr Barnes bullet out of it. Would be a deer destroyer

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          Man, if the 30AR was introduced now, I think it would be pretty popular.

Comment

I am glad to know I am not the only one that just doesn’t get it when it comes to the craze of the 6.5 round.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              More energy than a 243. Less recoil than a 308. More ammo choices than a 260. What's not to like?
                              Apparently having a manbun

Comment

I'm not sure which is worse. The people who thinks it's some amazing new discovery, or the people who get butt hurt about others choices in caliber. Who cares what other people shoot? Shoot what's right for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X