• Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 prc
    Last edited by saintsfan; 01-25-2019, 08:04 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I've decided on the prc too. Ordered dies and brass yesterday

Comment

What’s the shortest barrel y’all would run on a 6.5PRC?

Comment

Looks like I am heading in the 6.5 PRC direction with this build, I still need to talk to Robert about some questions.

My hunting rifles are Tikka T3 270wsm and 7mm-08.

Comment

I think I have decided on the 6.5 prc and I am most likely going with a 20” barrel unless I get persuaded otherwise.

I know I will lose some performance, but I’m not a long range shooter. I just want something fun to shoot that will pack a heck of a punch at 100-200 yards with a suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              I think I have decided on the 6.5 prc and I am most likely going with a 20” barrel unless I get persuaded otherwise.

I know I will lose some performance, but I’m not a long range shooter. I just want something fun to shoot that will pack a heck of a punch at 100-200 yards with a suppressor.
              20” 7mm08 or 6.5 rsum here. I think. Was dead set on 7mm08 but got to looking around.

Comment

jeez me too. im going .22 Creedmoor. then i shot my Remy 700 5R 20", .223 yesterday. 69 and 77 grain match kings around 2800 fps with .5 " groups.

do i REALLY need the .22 Creedmoor? my hunting rifle is a Custom 6.5 Creedmoor, so would i really need a 6.5 PRC?

i hunt Texas whitetails and Exotics

may hunt cow elk but have no problem shooting her with my 6.5 Creed.

DAMM HELP !!!!!!!

Comment

.25 Creed Buzz. Be the first guy on the block!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                    jeez me too. im going .22 Creedmoor. then i shot my Remy 700 5R 20", .223 yesterday. 69 and 77 grain match kings around 2800 fps with .5 " groups.

do i REALLY need the .22 Creedmoor? my hunting rifle is a Custom 6.5 Creedmoor, so would i really need a 6.5 PRC?

i hunt Texas whitetails and Exotics

may hunt cow elk but have no problem shooting her with my 6.5 Creed.

DAMM HELP !!!!!!!
                    I had a 240 WeeBee that was a blast shooting a 115 Berger at 3100.

That 22 Creed or a 22-250AI will push an 80 grainer way faster. I managed 3100 out of a 22 inch barrel with the 250AI. Go with a 26 inch tube and RL-26 and that's a starting point.

I'm looking forward to the new 70 grain Nos AB, I believe it will be an ideal fit for the 22 Creed/250AI case's.

Can't go wrong with the good ole 7RM if you want to step up in horsepower or a 280AI if you want to maximize the 06 sized round.

The sky's the limit, have some fun with it.

Comment

Drove by APR today and told my wife I wanted to stop in and do some shopping. She said to get me something. Told her they build custom rifles starting at like $2500. She said, oh, never mind. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Drove by APR today and told my wife I wanted to stop in and do some shopping. She said to get me something. Told her they build custom rifles starting at like $2500. She said, oh, never mind. Lol
                        Well you blew a good opportunity lol

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post

Get in on the TBH special and you can tell her how much you "saved" that's what mine does

Comment

Latest update - I think we are just going to go with Proof for this special.

I did not get to shoot the latest test barrel as I had hoped to yesterday(which was also late in arriving), and it just feels like we are trying to force a timeline so that it works for this deal. While I do think we have probably gotten to where we need to be with the design/construction of the barrels, we just have not got to spend enough time with them to prove that out with 100% confidence. Jason and I discussed it and would both like to see some consistency over time before putting them out there. We will continue the testing ourselves over the next couple of months, and have several others who have agreed to help out to see how they stand up.

All that said, it just doesn't seem fair to hold up the 2019 TBH deal waiting for that to be completed, so Proof it is. I'll have the official "2019 TBH Special" thread posted in the next day or so, and we'll get this thing kicked off and start taking orders on Tuesday! We were planning on April deliveries using our barrels, but now I need to get with Proof and see how it impacts our schedule.

Thanks,
                            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              Latest update - I think we are just going to go with Proof for this special.

I did not get to shoot the latest test barrel as I had hoped to yesterday(which was also late in arriving), and it just feels like we are trying to force a timeline so that it works for this deal. While I do think we have probably gotten to where we need to be with the design/construction of the barrels, we just have not got to spend enough time with them to prove that out with 100% confidence. Jason and I discussed it and would both like to see some consistency over time before putting them out there. We will continue the testing ourselves over the next couple of months, and have several others who have agreed to help out to see how they stand up.

All that said, it just doesn't seem fair to hold up the 2019 TBH deal waiting for that to be completed, so Proof it is. I'll have the official "2019 TBH Special" thread posted in the next day or so, and we'll get this thing kicked off and start taking orders on Tuesday! We were planning on April deliveries using our barrels, but now I need to get with Proof and see how it impacts our schedule.

Thanks,
                              Robert

Who hoo!! Here we go boys! If only I could make a final decision on caliber like so many of you it's kicking my butt.

But now I'm thinking 308 since I don't have a 30 cal. other than a 30-30 lever gun, I can get subsonics to play with, and I'm only looking to hunt to 400-500 yards and maybe punch paper or ring steel a little farther out. I've always herd they are great all around caliber that is inherently accurate, and I'm still dead set on a 20" barrel to shoot suppressed.

Robert, y'all have good luck with 308 builds?

Comment

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

I’m about 90% sure I’m going to go with the PRC now.

I’ve always wanted a 6.5-284 and it looks like the PRC may be a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X