Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    valet parking?
    Yes, but it’s a 600 hp minimum and a signed release of liability for that service

Comment

6.5 prc or 7mm rem. mag.

Comment

I'm just glad to have the opportunity this year, and thank ya'll for doing it again.

I've waited on a suppressor, this rifle will be done in a flash compared to that !!

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
          6.5 prc or 7mm rem. mag.

X2..

Comment

6.5prc or 280ai should be the real question.

Robert is getting consecutive serial on two rifles doable? Also these add on bipod mounts how much weight are we adding to the overall stock? I’d prefer as light as possible. And I like the cleaner look (simplicity) of not having unnecessary holes or things on the stock I will never use. But I’m ocd about those kinds of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              Me too!! We can all thank the usps for about an 8 day delay. The last test barrel was sent priority overnight Monday before last...... it arrived yesterday It got chambered this morning and I’ll test it ASAP. Based on what we saw with the other ones, I’m just going to shoot it until it settles in, let it cool, then hammer a non-stop 20 round group through it and see if it moves. If it doesn’t, I’m calling it good. This one has just a minor taper variation from some of the others that were working well. Should just be a little extra “insurance” on what we already know works.

I know there were three different versions to start with the proof research being a little more than the other two. If this barrel works out will the proof research still be an option or will it be the steel barrel and the other barrel option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys, so I take it from Roberts last post, it will be another week or so till the "order sheet" comes out? What do you all think?

Comment

[ATTACH]943536[/ATTACH]

Comment

I keed I keed

Comment

Aww shucks.... I have a meeting with a potential client in Hurst next Thursday.... Maybe make my order in person lol

Comment

STILL struggling with caliber. Does anyone ever build 308 anymore?

For the 20" barrel I am getting I've been up in the air between 7-08, 7-08ai, and the new 6.5PRC. But a lot of my buddies are saying to build a 308. I don't have 30 caliber rifle so maybe it would make since. And I know you can get subs for it so that would be cool to play with. Dang it, this is driving me crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

For the 20" barrel I am getting I've been up in the air between 7-08, 7-08ai, and the new 6.5PRC. But a lot of my buddies are saying to build a 308. I don't have 30 caliber rifle so maybe it would make since. And I know you can get subs for it so that would be cool to play with. Dang it, this is driving me crazy!

If I didn’t have 5 30 cal rifles already then that would be one of my top choices for this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

I would go straight 7mm08. It's a hammer and does well in shorter barrels. The 308 would also be a good choice.

Imo the 7mm08AI or the PRC would be better suited with longer barrel to take advantage of the extra horsepower.

A 7mm08 loaded with a 120 barnes or a 140 partition is bad medicine for anything up to and including elk.

Comment

Stopped in and talked to Robert for a good while today. The stock for this gun is killer. Super light and has a great feel. The 4 camo patterns Robert showed in a post look really good in person. The CF shows thru a lot better in person. And as he said the more "mesquite/prickly pear" green one is super sharp in person. I walked out seriously seriously thinking of going with that color. It looks GOOD.

This is gonna be a killer build.

Appreciate the time Robert!!
                              And thanks for offering something so awesome to the members of this forum.

Comment

I second that. The stock is awesome and the people in the shop were very helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today Robert. I appreciate all of your opinions and insight. Your real world knowledge really helped out on what direction I want to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X