No announcement yet.

What's your favorite beat around gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a new T/C Compass in 6.5 CM.
    $220 after rebate. It stays at the ranch and in the truck.
    Cause you never know when a pig or yote will need a long shot.

Comment

I’m seeing a theme here. I’ve got a Heritage Rough Rider as well but my beater would be my Springfield XDM 9mm.

Comment

My 300BLK

It rides on the quad and in the truck around the Farm. Sometimes on the tractor too.

When I don’t want a long gun, my Glock model 22 is my go-to. I’ve had this silly thing for well over 20 years and it has been the most reliable thing I’ve ever owned.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm kind of surprised at how nice some of the guns y'all carry are. I honestly expected a lot more commie guns and surplus stuff like SKS's and Mosin Nagant type rifles as well as cheaper carbines and pistols like Hi Point.

Comment

Ruger single 6 with 22 mag. Or big brother in 357.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              I'm kind of surprised at how nice some of the guns y'all carry are. I honestly expected a lot more commie guns and surplus stuff like SKS's and Mosin Nagant type rifles as well as cheaper carbines and pistols like Hi Point.

most of us are from Texas, why would we do that?

Comment

Marlin bolt 17hmr that stays on the UTV. It does a lot of killing because of location.

Suppressed Volquartson 17 WSM that stays within fast reach in the house. I love this gun, but probably about to sell it

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  [/COLOR]
                  most of us are from Texas, why would we do that?
                  Cheaper to buy/shoot. And if they get beat up and dented and scratched it wouldn't make me feel so bad. I don't think I could take an AR or anything of too much value out with intentions of using it as a beater.

Especially that Colt Delta Elite. That thing's worth more than I am. It's pretty scratched up so maybe about the same. In good condition it's worth more than I am.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 08-29-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

As for the Delta Elite I am not worried about dinging up more as it is scratched all over but functions perfectly and I only paid $400 for it. Guy I brought it from has about 30 Elites.

Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

First gun I bought when I turned 21 was a Beretta 92FS. It's still pretty nice, but that's the gun I pack in when I'm just going to be out and about tooling around.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        Cheaper to buy/shoot. And if they get beat up and dented and scratched it wouldn't make me feel so bad. I don't think I could take an AR or anything of too much value out with intentions of using it as a beater.

Especially that Colt Delta Elite. That thing's worth more than I am. It's pretty scratched up so maybe about the same. In good condition it's worth more than I am.
                        you missed the point of them being "commi" guns,,

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          you missed the point of them being "commi" guns,,
                          I understand. It's easy to get over that. Just pretend those commie guns were used to kill nazis and ragheads and whatnot. It'll make you feel better about shooting them. That's what I do anyways.

Comment

ruger american compact 243..made me fall in love with short barrels....just an all around hog killing machine....go to rifle...and im kinda rough on her.

Comment

My beater for around the ranchette in the trusty point & shoot Winchester pump 12 for the squirrels, coons, poisonous snakes, stray cats & dogs. If I'm out & about, my S&W mod 60 is usually in my back pocket. If more horsepower is needed the stainless/plastic ranch rifle is usually close by.

Comment

Working...
                              X