Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piercebronkite
    replied
    16 business days for a Form 4 approval. This was through a trust from Silencer Central.

Leave a comment:

• caa4612
    replied
    Submitted my Form 4 on August 14, got the approval on September 12. Much quicker than I anticipated.

Leave a comment:

• Clay C
    replied
    Not a Form4, but I just got a Form 1 approved in 15 hours. Originally submitted Tuesday, Rejected yesterday because I'm a dummy and dropped a letter from the serial number. Re-submitted yesterday afternoon, got the approval at 6am this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnyart
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    Appointment for Friday to submit a form 4 on trust for a custom build. Hopefully the paperwork is back by the time the project is finished.
    Got my approval this morning. That makes it about 5 weeks on a multi-item multi person James Willi custom trust. That’s pretty dang fast!

Unfortunately I think it unlikely the rifle will be done before rifle opener.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnyart
    replied
    Gotcha. That explains it. Custom trust still take a lot longer I hear.

Leave a comment:

• deep n the heat
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

Was that a boilerplate single item trust or one specifically written for you?
    They were both silencer shop trusts.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnyart
    replied
    Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
    82 days for a family trust. 6/5-8/26. My buddy had an individual trust and was almost the exact same time frame.
    Was that a boilerplate single item trust or one specifically written for you?

Leave a comment:

• deep n the heat
    replied
    82 days for a family trust. 6/5-8/26. My buddy had an individual trust and was almost the exact same time frame.

Leave a comment:

• Rudyl
    replied
    In my opinion filing individual is the way to go. We've had them come back in in 3 days after we certified the form....certified on Friday and stamp emailed to customer Tuesday morning. We've had several within 7 days.

Leave a comment:

• geezer56
    replied
    Single shot stamp, AAC Jaeger 30. Ordered it on August 6, got the approval today.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnyart
    replied
    Originally posted by wheels View Post
    Done them single shot, Gun trust and individual…. Yes you can transfer them to a trust for $200 tax again… or Just put in Will who gets it when you pass
    If they are listed on the trust they won't have to do a transfer and pay the tax if you set them up on the trust, was my point.

Leave a comment:

• wheels
    replied
    Done them single shot, Gun trust and individual…. Yes you can transfer them to a trust for $200 tax again… or Just put in Will who gets it when you pass

Leave a comment:

• kd350
    replied
    Can you get one individually and then do a trust later?

Leave a comment:

• Gunnyart
    replied
    We’re all gonna die someday. Your family can inherit them without any transfer hassles.

Leave a comment:

• Chase4556
    replied
    Originally posted by kd350 View Post
    This is probably been asked before. But what’s better? Filing individual or doing the trust?
    If you ask me, just file individual and enjoy the fast turn around time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X