No announcement yet.

Let's See Em. GLOCKS. Bring Your Huddled Masses and Your Elitist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any more folks?Right now, I'm especially looking for cerakote patterns/mixes.

I'm thinking a simple brown frame and black slide for the ugly 22c I own... Any body have any thoughts about colors combos to pimp my ride?

Comment

Not a big fan. All I hear the young punk looking kids say when standing at the tables at the gun shows is you gotta getta glock you gotta getta glock. Looks like somebody parked a vovlo on top of a grip.

Comment

Cerakote is tough, but eventually it will wear, just like everything. Also, the plastic frame cannot be baked at as high a temp as the metal slide, and consequently that finish will not be quite as tough. They say that on their website. Something I thought about (but didn't do, lol) was leave the frame black, or just blast it to remove the wear marks already there, and do the slide in color. I have noticed the Cerakote on the frame of my Glock is already starting to wear just a touch where the holster rubs, but the slide is not. When the metal wears through it will be shiny steel, and we are used to seeing that, but when the frame wears through it will be black, and that will give a much bigger contrast on the color. I work in a plastics fabrication shop and think it is good to remember, plastic is still plastic, no matter what you put over the top of it. Something to think about, anyways. What about reversing the colors? I'm not saying not to do it the way you want it, just be aware going into it.

Also, when you mix Cerakote it gives a range on the amount of hardener you can add, more makes it glossy, less makes it flat. I shot my frame flat, but the slide more of a semi-gloss. I think the semi-gloss or maybe gloss is the way to go on a carry gun, the flat on my frame is getting some shiny spots on it, where the slide looks just the same.

Green looks good with black too, one thing I like about it is that most people are going with a brown/tan, and the green is not as common. A straight OD vs the multicam would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
          Not a big fan. All I hear the young punk looking kids say when standing at the tables at the gun shows is you gotta getta glock you gotta getta glock. Looks like somebody parked a vovlo on top of a grip.
          I don't care what it looks like, I just want to know it will work when I need it pretty much no matter the conditions. Glock does that very well.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
            Have your tried the S&W M&P?

Comment

Glockstore package arrived today! 6" Lone Wolf barrel for the G20. Picking up a G19 on Sunday. Going to have some metric fun at the range on Monday

Comment

I would like to get one of those 6 inch barrels for my G20sf.

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
                  Glockstore package arrived today! 6" Lone Wolf barrel for the G20. Picking up a G19 on Sunday. Going to have some metric fun at the range on Monday
                  I had issue with the LWB and 220 hard cast bullet from underwood ammo. Just a heads up. Other than that it was awesome!

Comment

New barrel...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                      I had issue with the LWB and 220 hard cast bullet from underwood ammo. Just a heads up. Other than that it was awesome!
                      Thanks for the heads up. Im loading 180gr hollow points close to max book. Just wanted a little more chamber support and a longer barrel for accuracy. Its my hunting sidearm, so for $125, I think its worth the try. What type of problems did you encounter?

Comment

Ok thats it! After seeing all these beauty's Im gonna break down a get me a GLOCK. I think I like the 35 gen4 the best so far.
                        Thanks guys now I'll be in the dogs house.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt dauber View Post
                          Ok thats it! After seeing all these beauty's Im gonna break down a get me a GLOCK. I think I like the 35 gen4 the best so far.

Thanks guys now I'll be in the dogs house.

Come! Join us... Bring a few cold ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Kankles View Post
                            Come! Join us... Bring a few cold ones...
                            Thanks. I'll bring 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
                              Thanks for the heads up. Im loading 180gr hollow points close to max book. Just wanted a little more chamber support and a longer barrel for accuracy. Its my hunting sidearm, so for $125, I think its worth the try. What type of problems did you encounter?
                              Not sure if it was the crimp they used or what, but it would not feed worth a darn! The fully supported chamber is great for getting rid of the dang glock smiley face in hot loaded 10mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                                New barrel...
                                That barrel looks good!

Comment

Working...
                                X