Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a bid on an .30-06 on gunbroker

Comment

270 all day long and twice on Tuesdays. F a 30-06 and the additional recoil.

Comment

Bids are going back and forth on the rifle I am trying to get on gunbroker. I may put one more bid but it’s reaching my limit soon.

Comment

Lost that bid

Comment

Just keep an eye out.There's deals to be had on both these days since erbody likes the new calibers with the kewl names.

Comment

Back to back World War Champion, 30-06

Comment

I was trying to remember who the big .270 guy was the other day in conversation and this one brought it up, O'connor......I like the multiple options of bullet grains in 30-06 but definitely 270 is an excellent caliber but friends that live in Idaho gave up elk hunting with them years ago and went with .30 calibers. I'm strictly a .308 guy but that's partially due to the short bolt and I like the same rounds for all my guns, .308/7.62x51, .223/5.56, .45 and 9mm for the sake of simplicity, oh and of course 22lr and mag. Nice thing about 30-06, 270 and 308 is ammo is pretty easy to get, during COVID S. show and ammo shortage had a buddy guiding for deer and couldn't find either 300 wsm or rum not sure which but I found him a box and boy was it expensive !!! I liked my .243 but sold it to streamline my ammo storage, which reminds me I have ammo and brass and bullets to sell for it, need to dig it out. For Texas there are very few calibers that aren't very capable, now as far as bigger exotics that's not in my wheelhouse and only elk I've killed is with bow but wife dropped Axis, very nice one, with .308 which was her first deer and a perfect shot.

Comment

Well, I just turned a bunch of 270 brass into 3006 brass. So 3006

Comment

I thought this argument was decided back in WWI

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                      Well, I just turned a bunch of 270 brass into 3006 brass. So 3006
                      I went with something else but it kinda takes a .30-06 parent case.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                        Mostly just another deer rifle
                        For recoil, trajectory and sectional density advantage, .270 is your deer rifle.

Comment

Yes

Comment

I have both and killed more deer with the 270 than any other rifle I own. I love my 06. Where the 270 stops with bullet weight is where the 06 starts. So You really are not apples to apples. I buy guns off the bullet weight that I want to shoot in them. 270..130gr hand loads. 06 150gr hand loads.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              I thought this argument was decided back in WWI
                              I carried a surplus a303 pig hunting Saturday.

Then carried a 270 last night so we can keep the argument alive 😂😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3346.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	26771635 is

Comment

Any success?

Comment

Working...
                                X