06 or .270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06 or .270

I have a certain rifle I would like to get that I can’t decide if I would purchase it if I would rather want this particular rifle in 30-06 or if I would rather want it in .270.
    Looking at these two so I can go to Walmart to buy ammo if I want to. A few of my rifles I don’t have this option.

I should also say I would buy dies for either one after I got enough brass saved up.

Comment

The first question would be what are you wanting to kill?

Comment

Mostly just another deer rifle

Comment

30-06 is one caliber I’ve never owned. Seems like .308 is far too close in performance. So between the two I’d go .270. But if you are wanting 30 cal .308 or 300wm.

anything in Texas will be fine with either.

Comment

Have both.
            270 for no particular reason other than it’s got a little less recoil.

Comment

I would split the difference & go with the .280, but I understand the off the shelf ammo availability issue especially for those who don't reload...I also prefer the 270 & 25-06 for whitetail & would pick the 30-06 only if I felt I needed heavier bullets.

The 06 case has given us a family of many a fine rounds.

Comment

30-06. Not even close. 270 win is the most overrated round out there. If it wasn't for O'Conner the 270 would have faded into history long ago.

Comment

30/06

Comment

30/06

Comment

30/06 will kill anything in North America

Comment

If it’s just for deer, the .270 will do the job with less bark and bite. And no, I don’t own one and never have. If you ever thought you would shoot something bigger than a whitetail, go with the ‘06. Same cartridge case, smaller bullet diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          30-06. Not even close. 270 win is the most overrated round out there. If it wasn't for O'Conner the 270 would have faded into history long ago.
                          lol. Whatever…

Comment

I’ve got an 03-A3 that I re-barreled from 06 to .270. Shoots lights out. It’s killed a bunch of deer and quite a few elk. I don’t regret my choice.

Comment

270 all day long. My 130 gr. Nosler Partition is the best. I've never had one run off,

Comment

Working...
                              X