Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the 9mm AR a standard lower with a 9mm upper? Is there some sort of mag block that converts the 5.56 lower into a 9MM lower?

Comment

I ordered 30 pmags today. I also think I'm going to go with the CTR stock but still not sure at this point. The ACS is only about $30 more.

I also think I'm going to go with Daniel Defense 7" rail system.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        Is the 9mm AR a standard lower with a 9mm upper? Is there some sort of mag block that converts the 5.56 lower into a 9MM lower?
        Yes, Spike's tactical makes one that I know of for sure. I think someone else does also but cant remember who makes it. They take a little finagling to get in tune but once you do, they're ready to rock and roll.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
          I ordered 30 pmags today. I also think I'm going to go with the CTR stock but still not sure at this point. The ACS is only about $30 more.

I also think I'm going to go with Daniel Defense 7" rail system.
          I wish my rig had a 7" instead of 10". I really like the look of the yhm ultra light git-ups.

Comment

you had me at 'reload'....

Comment

Travis, thanks for the AAC info!! That's the one I'm getting, M4-1000!!!
              I may be shouting back soon!! Thanks man,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by huntman933 View Post
                Travis, thanks for the AAC info!! That's the one I'm getting, M4-1000!!!
                I may be shouting back soon!! Thanks man,,,,,,
                do a seriously hard search for ammunition before making that leap. Remmy is supposed to make a huge boatload of ammo for it, but i havent seen any in large quantity so far. and im talking 2 or 3 boxes large quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I wish my rig had a 7" instead of 10". I really like the look of the yhm ultra light git-ups.
                  I have a coworker who put a 12" on his colt. I think it looks goofy but it's his and not mine!

I have enjoyed some posts in this thread. I've learned a lot already and I haven't even got my gun.

Looking forward to more...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Mine has a YHM upper.... It's not perty but I can sure beat the hell out of somebody with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Mine has a YHM upper.... It's not perty but I can sure beat the hell out of somebody with it!

Some times a butt stroke to the sternum or forehead from the good ole AR will teach a quick lesson...don't ask me how I know!

Comment

Got the T-shirt! =)

Comment

That's the one!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            do a seriously hard search for ammunition before making that leap. Remmy is supposed to make a huge boatload of ammo for it, but i havent seen any in large quantity so far. and im talking 2 or 3 boxes large quantity.
                            Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Double post...
                              Last edited by DorothyNotKeegan; 02-02-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Another decision time....

Daniel Defense (left) 7" Omega rail ($215)

Midwest Industries (right) 7" rail ($124)

Does anyone know if there's a major difference in the quality of these two? I'm leaning towards the DD but wanted some more input before buying a rail system.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by DorothyNotKeegan; 02-02-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X