Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcw View Post
    Yikes!
    No no it's a real spikes not one of the clone yikes

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      That is what it looked like but thought his was 6.8 and did not know if pmag was producing 6.8 mags yet
      No it's now a 5.56. I swapped barrel and the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
        Look what the mail man brought in. Who said he only brings gifts for mama.....

Spikes 10th anniv. NiB set

Sweeeet

Am I looking at that right? Option to go auto on the selector?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
          No it's now a 5.56. I swapped barrel and the bolt.
          Thanks, not that it matters If they did make a magazine you couldn't find one that you wanted to pay the asking price

Comment

I added a Daniel defense to my safe today!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356663894.958423.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	24153717

Comment

Thanks, not that it matters If they did make a magazine you couldn't find one that you wanted to pay the asking price
              Lol you can find them just have to look!

Comment

I added a Daniel defense to my safe today![ATTACH]436401[/ATTACH]
                Nice DDM4V1?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Nice DDM4V1?
                  Yes sir it's the LW light weight makes that other guy feel stupid heavy! Lol

Comment

Lol you can find them just have to look!
                    Well PM me a hint because I been looking and I have not seen any pmags in 6.8

I have not even seen any steel mags in 6.8 in stock either but hopefully the hysteria will die down and suppliers will catch back up

Comment

What part determines whether the gun can shoot 5.56 or .223 or both? Upper or lower? I need to know what to look for.

Also, what's the scoop on lowers not having a serial number? How does that work?

Comment

Well PM me a hint because I been looking and I have not seen any pmags in 6.8

I have not even seen any steel mags in 6.8 in stock either but hopefully the hysteria will die down and suppliers will catch back up
                        Sorry the pmags are not made for 6.8... However I have lots of 6.8 steel mags in stock at the gun shop where I work!

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                          What part determines whether the gun can shoot 5.56 or .223 or both? Upper or lower? I need to know what to look for.

Also, what's the scoop on lowers not having a serial number? How does that work?
                          The ATF considers the lower to be the gun. The lower is the part with the serial number. The rest of the gun doesn't matter to the ATF. The barrel, bolt, and mags are the difference in most calibers. Once you move up to the larger calibers the whole platform gets bigger and uses the AR10 lower and parts.

The 5.56 can shoot both the 223 and 5.56. I don't advise you to shoot 5.56 out of a 223 unless its a wylde chamber or otherwise specified.

Comment

Ok, so use 223 ammo with any lower?

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                              Ok, so use 223 ammo with any lower?
                              Depends on what barrel bolt and mags you buy... Lol but if you plan to build a 223 then you need a standard AR15 lower.

Comment

Good. That's what I'm after. Glad to know it will work.

Standard AR-15 lower + 5.56 upper= 223
                                Got it

Comment

Working...
                                X