Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it's time to " bring home the bacon " 300 BLK 110 gr v-max does the job just fine .. similar power as an ak , all in an AR15 platform and 100% reliable!
    this 200 lbs sow went .... NOWHERE! ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
      mike,
      I have a monolithic AR, its the one i shoot the least and the first one i'll sell.
      I wont have another one, I have no use for all that rail.
      my future builds will have a Troy TRX Battlerail or similar that you can add rail pieces to as needed.

my 6.8 w/10round mag is 8lbs 6 oz. that is not a lightweight barrel either
      Speaking of Troy Battlerails, They are having a 25% off sale! I just picked up a $229 rail for $172 plus free shipping.

Use coupon code "TURKEY".

Today is the last day of the sale.

Comment

imyomama I like the optic setup on that gun. What is it? I am really wanting to set a gun up similar to that in 300BLK after the first of the year. I may pick your brain some then if you dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by Barksdale Bandit View Post
          MM also has his own forum, Silencer Forum, where he keeps his silencer testing data.

Mike D, I think either a Sparrow or AAC Element are the two best out there probably in that order due to the Sparrow's clamshell design. Since you're shooting a rifle, I'd go with the Sparrow. If you're going to shoot a lot of pistol, I'd go with the Element for the lower FRP due to having K baffles rather than the monocore.

I've been having a hoot with Huntertown Guardians. They're really nice for a low end suppressor.
          Could you elaborate on this a little more? I'm, new to suppressors. I do have a Ruger Mark II that I plan on using the suppressor on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Could you elaborate on this a little more? I'm, new to suppressors. I do have a Ruger Mark II that I plan on using the suppressor on as well.
            Sure! There's two basic designs in rimfire suppressors. One is the older K Baffles which is basically a stack of baffles that are compressed by the endcaps. You can probably find pictures on the AAC, Huntertown, etc websites that show these. The other technology is the newer monocores such as can be seen in the SS Sparrow.

When shooting a rifle, the powder is spent by the time the bullet exits. However in a handgun, the powder is still burning when the bullet exits. (These aren't absolutes but relative.) As the burning powder enters the suppressor, the available air helps the burn and creates noise. That's only during the first round as then the air is used up. Hence, "First Round Pop".

The monocore design has considerably more air volume internal than the K baffles and therefore more FRP. Some people use a nasal spray bottle with water to spray in the suppressor to eliminate the FRP.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              imyomama I like the optic setup on that gun. What is it? I am really wanting to set a gun up similar to that in 300BLK after the first of the year. I may pick your brain some then if you dont mind
              the scope it a midway special .. 3-10 weaver mil-mil tactical .... $299,
              ( regular $399, goes on sale all the time) !
              the mount is a american defense.

the NV in front is a ATN PS22 HPT.

The upper is a LAR- grizzly ops-4 side charger , the barrel is a 9" 300 BLK by Delta company arms (pistol length gas tube ), the can is a SAS Arbiter Titanium suppressor . the hand-guard is a YHM smooth forearm rifle length.

the lower is a c3 defence factory SBR lower

the trigger is a rock river national match 2 stage trigger.

... the rest of the furniture and ASAP is magpul.

hope that answers all questions

Comment

Is there something I am missing or is this a pretty good deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2CMMGL002-1.html
                  thats a heck of a deal on a CMMG setup. i dig it!

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2CMMGL002-1.html
                    can't go wrong with that price !! it's crazy this season .. compete ar's for $599 too!!

rock bottom prices !! whooo hooo!!

Comment

Colt 6920 for under $1k

Comment

Ok DFW guys, where do you buy your suppressors locally? Or if you transfer them in who do you use and what do you pay for transfers?

Major malfunction in OK has some great prices but depending on the transfer cost and shipping it may not be that great of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Ok DFW guys, where do you buy your suppressors locally? Or if you transfer them in who do you use and what do you pay for transfers?

Major malfunction in OK has some great prices but depending on the transfer cost and shipping it may not be that great of a deal.
                          Getting it from MM saves you on the tax homey. Transfer costs arent generally more than 35-50. So an 800 can would save you already, and he will come out 50-100 cheaper in most cases. Most of the time dealers are buying from Brian anyway.

Comment

interested in a 300blkout set up on an AR platform with a Can down the road and I'm wanting to start researching info and places to look any pointers on manufactures/brands?

Comment

m4c link to everything 300 related

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                                interested in a 300blkout set up on an AR platform with a Can down the road and I'm wanting to start researching info and places to look any pointers on manufactures/brands?
                                some cheaper ones:

I'd go here and ask questions:
                                The amount of usable info and dealer input on this site is pretty dang good...and growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X