Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    děkuji!
    nenĂ­ zač

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
      Can you recomend a better upper? Id rather purchase something that doesnt have anything questionable if possible. Also something around the 700-800 dollar range is about as high as I can go.
      by questionable i meant they havent been in the game that long and not fully tested like the big name brands have been. The actual work and quality of material in the bolt is correct, but they dont tell you who makes the BCG. it will be fine to run as is, and can be upgraded to a Colt/BCM/LMT at a later date.

Comment

Seriously, what will the ATF come up with next???

ATF CLASSIFIES POT SCRUBBER AS SILENCERS

Comment

i saw that today about the pot scrubbers

Comment

Anyone tried the nikon m223 scope on their ARs? If so, did you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              i saw that today about the pot scrubbers
              uh oh...

I thought that was a black helicopter I saw flying around earlier.

better start doing some dishes fast!

Comment

Hey guys, need some advice. Had my AR for a while now, bought a RRA and satisfied ok, just wish I knew more and built a better gun myself. I'm looking at buying a 6.8 Upper and using my RRA Lower until I replace it. New to the whole 6.8's so still learning. I was looking at this one, but wanted opinions. Ive heard good things but figured I'd ask people I trust.

http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/1685/1864

Comment

Finally got my new Magpul handguard and rail and a new vertical grip with the spring loaded bipod in the bottom. Not sure if I like it or not yet the bipod makes a lot of noise when ejected.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finally got a pic up of the laser engraving that I had done in San Antonio by Bill Gray.

He goes a shade deeper than ATF specs, which I'm fine with. Sweet set up and fun as heck watching that laser work.

bought a BCM blem/demo upper ($79) and put it together this weekend and put it on the upper...personally I couldn't find an blems with it. Hardest part...that dang roll pin for the foreward assist. Now there's a blem on it

it's getting there...slooooowly but surely. TROS 5" 9mm bbl next month, then handguard, then bolt and charging handle, then block and mags. Should have it built by the time my form 1 comes back

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                      Finally got a pic up of the laser engraving that I had done in San Antonio by Bill Gray.

He goes a shade deeper than ATF specs, which I'm fine with. Sweet set up and fun as heck watching that laser work.

bought a BCM blem/demo upper ($79) and put it together this weekend and put it on the upper...personally I couldn't find an blems with it. Hardest part...that dang roll pin for the foreward assist. Now there's a blem on it

it's getting there...slooooowly but surely. TROS 5" 9mm bbl next month, then handguard, then bolt and charging handle, then block and mags. Should have it built by the time my form 1 comes back
                      if you have a pistol buffer on it, why is it engraved? how is the lower "Registered" when you picked it up?

Comment

it will eventually be registered as an SBR...sometime between now and whenever the BATFE approves the ppwk...so 120-180 days

but if I want to run a short barrel upper on it...it needs to have the pistol buffer till the Form 1 gets approved, then I can put a regular stock on it.

From what I was told, it needed to be engraved before the ppwk was sent in. Which is has been.

Comment

it was not originally registered from Spikes as a "pistol" lower if that was what you were getting at.

Just a plain ol' Spikes stripped lower (which I assume, unless otherwise noted...are rifle)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                            it was not originally registered from Spikes as a "pistol" lower if that was what you were getting at.

Just a plain ol' Spikes stripped lower (which I assume, unless otherwise noted...are rifle)
                            There is an "receiver" option on the 4473 form now. It's called other firearm.

Comment

Just got this built. 5.56 Dpms Panther w RRA lower, stock trigger, flash hider, magpul stock, magpul trigger guard and magpul 30 rd mag. 20" barrel w 1:8 twist. Barska Sniper Scope (4-16x50) in the process of mounting my destroyer hog light on it.

Silent Assassin = Swine's Nemesis
                              Last edited by Silent Assassin; 11-22-2011, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                There is an "receiver" option on the 4473 form now. It's called other firearm.
                                hmmm...wonder if I can go back to my FFL and check and see how it was filled out?
                                bought 2 receivers about 4 months ago. For some reason (and I have newborn daddy brain still), I do remember him saying something about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X