Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Ar15

I have a alexander arms 6.5grendel..in my opinion its the best ar cartrige out there for the ar platform..it has a 24"stainless steel barrel with a few other goodies. I would post some pictures but can't from my phone for some reason..Ill put some up later on.

Comment

6.8= build one with a bison armory barrel, or buy the ar15performance.com upper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Let me know how that mag works Travis. I have been looking to get rid of having to stack mags.

Hope you have a Lula loader.
        I'm curious as well..definitely more ergo friendly than a beta mag

Comment

6.5 Grendel Pictures

Here is a picture of my 6.5 Grendel..The other picture is a 6.5 Grendel 123 grain compared to the regular 5.56 55 grain bullets.
          Attached Files

Comment

just thought I'd throw it out there that I just saw Midway USA has 300 Blackout 125 grain match loads from Remington in stock......wasn't sure if anybody had found any supersonic loads for it yet.

Comment

I don't own an AR-type platform (yet), but will probably be building something in .308 later this year.

The only thing I own that has any AR-type parts on it is a rifle I just built for my 8 year old son. Not "tactical", but "kinda-cool" in my opinion.

Duracoated Encore receiver.
              M-4 style collapsible stock made by Choate Machine.
              T/C Custom Shop .357 Maximum bull barrel.
              Forearm was a home-custom job. Widened for the bull barrel, bedded, and Duracoated.
              Bipod is a Harris
              Scope is a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot 1x28 with selectable displays.

It's definitely "different" from most Encore's I've owned or built.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                Delta company arms doesn't use AAC barrels that I know of... all the barrels I got from Aaron are his own manufacture . I can call him and verify,but i'm almost sure!
                for what it's worth , Aaron (delta company arms) is developing an entire line of suppressors specifically for the blackout , some variants also possibly take apart for cleaning, he also has a QD mount in the works that is supposed to be very good....

He said he's gonna get me hooked up with some demo cans to test out... (video to come)

I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I've also invited him to come down and test some guns on some bacon when he gets his medical issues resolved and he's up to it... in the mean time, he's really busy and months behind on orders....

my mistake then, for some reasons I read something on ST that made me believe he used their barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                  60 rounds of goodness. 60 rounds of Blackout on an SBR, even better.

New Surefire Double Stack Mag

[ATTACH]267830[/ATTACH]

blackout doesnt work thru the surefire, even silvers admits it

Comment

Originally posted by jebsvitals View Post
                    I have a alexander arms 6.5grendel..in my opinion its the best ar cartrige out there for the ar platform..it has a 24"stainless steel barrel with a few other goodies. I would post some pictures but can't from my phone for some reason..Ill put some up later on.
                    blah
                    24" barrel on an AR is a tragedy
                    Alexander Arms needs to take lesson from AAC on how to introduce a new cartridge

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                      blackout doesnt work thru the surefire, even silvers admits it
                      Dangit!

I had my doubts looking at it! But I'll give it a review.

I saw the Remington 125 grain ammo but opted for the Hornady 110 grain considering the Hornady was 22 and the rem was 37 a box! Pass!

Comment

I hadn't seen the Hornady stuff yet......curious to see how it runs supersonic

Comment

I would love to trade my brand new crx35 w/ custom strings and limbdriver and carbon blade for a nice ar15.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8QmXYG90b0"]New 60 Surefire mag failure - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              Dangit!

I had my doubts looking at it! But I'll give it a review.

I saw the Remington 125 grain ammo but opted for the Hornady 110 grain considering the Hornady was 22 and the rem was 37 a box! Pass!

Found these, thought you might be intersted.

Comment

This is not what your 223 shells should look like coming out of your brand new Christensen arms bolt gun! Went to sight in dads CA and sight in the BO and this is what I have.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316132092.437210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	24015241

I talked to them right away and emailed my sales rep and he assured me he'd get it fixed ASAP.

On a positive note, the Blackout is legit. My 110 grain was ringing the 8" gong at 300 yards round after round even with a standard milspec garbage trigger and my 4x ACOG. I am extremely impressed. My 220 sub hold over at a 100 is my 400 yard bdc and at 200 hold over is approximately 5'.

I will definitely be buying a 16" for my truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X