No announcement yet.

Bar E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always two sides to a story. If you can't tell the whole story, don't tell it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bar E Ranch View Post
      There is always two sides to a story. If you can't tell the whole story, don't tell it at all.
      Since you're here now, why don't you tell the "other" side of the story?
      Most people here are pretty open minded and will listen.

Comment

I have hunted the Bar E Ranch and it was one of the best day lease trips I have taken. Lots of game and the accomdations where the awesome.

Comment

Heath, I've hunted the Bar E 4 times, myself. No argument about the game and the lodging, but I definately saw a difference from when Mr. Eakin had a ranch hand guiding hunters vs. when he leased it out and the entire operation was run by the new leasor (sp?)

Comment

I only hunted with Mr. Eakin was the man in charge.

Comment

I hunted there when Mr. Eakin first was getting the place set up, before the camphouse was even done and before it was open to the public. Mr. Eakin and Albert worked hard to give you a good hunt, but I have not heard a lot of good things lately so I have not been back in a while. I do not know the new people at all so cannot say one way or the other, but I do know that friends of mine who have hunted there regularly for years will not be going back.

Comment

I hunted when Mr. Eakin had the ranch hand there. Toby was his name. He wasn't much of a guide, hell, I don't even think he hunted, but he'd do his ****edest to put you where he thought you'd see animals. IMO, he didn't have any investment in the animals, so he was just working to get you what you wanted and in turn, maybe earn a few extra bucks at the end of the hunt.

Once the ranch was leased out, the leasor took the responsibility of stocking the ranch and also guiding the hunters. He was there the 4th time I went. I had told him that I had been there 3 times before, had paid for the exotic package, and hadn't been successful in bagging one. I asked him if he could put me where he "thought" I'd see an exotic. (we had some that were only hunting rams, so it didn't matter where they sat) His response, "well, we got 'em out here"! PERSONALLY, I felt like he wanted to give you the impression that he wanted you to be successful, but in reality, every animal that's taken is less profit for him. I didn't see any exotics that weekend either.

Although I had 4 good hunts there, I doubt I'll go back.

Now, ya'll can let the TT bashing begin!

Comment

Ive had a blast everytime ive been there..Accomidations are great..Lots of game..Been there 5 times(paid for exotic hunts each time) and still havent got anything but rams/hogs..Did shoot a really nice whitetail a few yrs ago but track dog couldnt find his own arse much less a wounded deer, so we didnt recover it..Have had more help with other guides before larry was there, but Larry also seemed like he helped but didnt do a whole extra to get you on an animal. overall i think it is/was a great place place to bowhunt..These experinces were over the past 5-6 yrs..

Comment

I personally will vouch for Larry and Tina Zimmerman. I have known them for about 8 or 9 years! They are top notch people and will put you where the animals are. If they were in it for the $$$ and no one being successful do you think our group would have taken what they did??? I THINK NOT. I have hunted there when Marvin was there and eventhough I got a blackbuck, he did less to put us on animals. Larry put me where he thought I would see something i was after, and then he suggested another spot that he thought would be better by the way the animals were moving. IT WORKED! It wasnt his fault I missed a 150 class buck! I just cant wait to go back for an Oryx! Larry and Tina keep at it! I cant wait to come back and hunt with yall!
                    Last edited by Rattler; 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Bar E

Ok, Im new on here and not in the business of slamming anyone or kicking a dead horse but.........I have also been to the Bar-E and had 2 very good experiences and 1....well, read on. Mr. Jimmy Eakin is an outstanding individual. This was my first exotic hunt and in three days of hunting Toby helped me kill a great Axis and my first Aoudad (female). There were plentiful animals of all kinds and sizes. The second hunt was with 5 other clients of mine from here in MT. We hunted four days and killed nineteen animals. Marvin was the guide and did one hell of a job. He couldnt believe how hard all of us hunted. Rain or shine and long hours but again a very good hunt. And for the record I dont just rate a good hunt on kills but we are paying good money and this is a high fence. Last Jan. I repeated the hunt with 4 clients. The hog population was great. The sheep and goat population was unbearable. They were more of a nuisence, and the deer species were relativly non-existant. In four days we saw 3 Axis(1 in velvet), 2 Fallow, and one Sika. Only one Axis was shot but never recovered (heartbreaking for a newbie). The attitude of the new managment was as if they didnt want us to be successful. Not how Mr. Jimmy set this ranch up Im sure of it. We have spent thousands here and will not be going back unless things change. Please Mr. Eakin, come back.

Comment

I only saw 2 rams the whole time I was on the stand there and one of the 2 is the silver medal 4-Horn ram in my avatar. These 2 werent your average ram/goats either. They were skittish.

Comment

Sounds like the place is going down hill. Where is the rest of the story Bar E ??

Comment

Originally posted by 4d_outfitters View Post
                            Sounds like the place is going down hill. Where is the rest of the story Bar E ??
                            That is exactly what I was thinking......time to step up and speak Mr. or Mrs. Bar E!

Comment

Bar E came through for me and made everything right.

Comment

I THInk im giong to go here some time after the first of the year

Comment

Working...
                                X