No announcement yet.

Hunts Bowhunting Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My deer lease is only 105 acres. I can't see from fence to fence and I darn sure can't shoot from one end to the other. Since most of the hunts are from a stand over corn or a food plot what are we really hunting? Maybe an acre? Y'all that think that you can't have a challenging hunt on 120 acres obviously have no concept of how much that area encompasses. I guarantee you could hunt my little 105 acre place on a spot and stalk and it would prove to be very challenging.

Some people are just jerks and feel the need to put down anything that doesn't meet up with their standards. Yeah, your right, to each their own. So much for adding value to the TBH forum.

Btw, congrats crossbowman on some fine trophies. Ya did good sir.
    Last edited by Geezy Rider; 06-27-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I think that we have taken this thread to a place it shouldn't have! We should congratulate this hunter like we do the others and go to the next thread. If one has a question about the place wether it's size or what have you then start a diff thread it's that simple. Have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by Allaround View Post
        My deer lease is only 105 acres. I can't see from fence to fence and I darn sure can't shoot from one end to the other. Since most of the hunts are from a stand over corn or a food plot what are we really hunting? Maybe an acre? Y'all that think that you can't have a challenging hunt on 120 acres obviously have no concept of how much that area encompasses. I guarantee you could hunt my little 105 acre place on a spot and stalk and it would prove to be very challenging.

Some people are just jerks and feel the need to put down anything that doesn't meet up with their standards. Yeah, your right, to each their own. So much for adding value to the TBH forum.

Btw, congrats crossbowman on some fine trophies. Ya did good sir.
        This is what it boils down to.

Comment

Im headed to hunts in a month! Hope that jackwagon doesnt ruin my thread!

Comment

Good luck on your hunt, I have hunted smaller acreage and still had a rough time trying to get what I was after and have even come home enpty handed.

Comment

HaHa. "JackWagon"...!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                I think that we have taken this thread to a place it shouldn't have! We should congratulate this hunter like we do the others and go to the next thread. If one has a question about the place wether it's size or what have you then start a diff thread it's that simple. Have a great day
                Well put!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter28 View Post
                  X2

Comment

Congrats to the hunter, but I wouldn't hunt a place that small. This is the "rate the day lease" section and it's for good and bad comments so people can decide if they want to go there.

If you can hunt 120acres and feel good about yourself when you tell people about the animal on your wall, than good for you! Book a hunt and enjoy it.

As for me, thanks to this rate the day lease section, I will not hunt there because I wouldn't feel good about hunting in a pasture that size. If that makes me a "jackwagon" for not wanting to hunt in a pen, than I'm a jackwagon. For those calling others jackwagon's, then you may want to look in the mirror.

Comment

Actually this is the type of place someone would like to spend their money on if it their first hunt or want to get something. I've spent more on bigger places when I first started and never saw anything near a feeder. So knocking the mans choich and the Hunts is a little out of line but to each their own. Congrats on your success and my you recover and return back to the weopon of you choich.

Comment

Congrats on some fine animals!

Comment

nice Ram

Comment

Congrats, great hunt

Comment

Don't want to get in anybody's business here, but 120 acres in E. Texas is not the same thing as 120 in San Angelo. No doubt, 120 acres is small, but on most places around here, you'll never see the back from the front on anything larger than 50 acres unless its a hayfield.

Comment

Originally posted by jenningsshuter View Post
                                Don't want to get in anybody's business here, but 120 acres in E. Texas is not the same thing as 120 in San Angelo. No doubt, 120 acres is small, but on most places around here, you'll never see the back from the front on anything larger than 50 acres unless its a hayfield.
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X