No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you all the best of luck in the morning, I will be coaching football in joshua and will miss out. My feelings wont be hurt if you guys get rained out though

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
      RC did you do any good with the birds?
      SB, didn't go. tuning my bow to broadheads all day. Before I realized it was too late. I've been out of town all week. Just finished checking everything for TOMORROW MORNING!! Heading out about 3am.

Comment

Ready to go!!!

Got the equipment checked, cooler washed out, & truck loaded. Should be fun. Good luck to everyone - be safe.

Comment

Whitney land owner

To the guy who apparently owns some land out at whitney: I agree that the drought has hurt the herd. I've got lots of pics of some pretty pitiful looking deer, lots of ribs showing. But it's mainly mama's being sucked down by there fawns which is pretty normal this time of year anyway. Lots of young buck that won't be legal. I ran my camera fairly extensively from August till now, and didn't get a single pick of a big buck. I did notice this guy posted pretty much the same post on several different sites trying to discourage hunters from hunting Whitney. I think he conviced me it's not worth going this year, maybe I'll give it a shot next year. So who's with me, lets give the deer a break this year so they can recover

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
            ................lets give the deer a break this year so they can recover
            OK, If I have to . And I've got a free lease for everyone here, over on Aquilla. It backs right up to the water on most of the lake . I've also got some ocian front in Arizona for sale .

Comment

Got a thermacell today. Equipment complete!

Comment

alright lets hear it opening morning stories?

Comment

heard of some monsters out there!

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                    Where? I'm afraid of monsters . I'll never go in the dark there again.

Not much to report here. Spent some time counting sheep. Dose that count (pun inteneded)
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-03-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

nope decided to not hunt whitney anymore due to the deer calling in sick

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                        and these things

Comment

Deer what deer as many hunters as I have seen this weekend the deer have left the county. Had two idiots come in this after noon right at prime time walk 20 yards from me and drop a bag of corn and leave. Never saw me I am going to invest in the bigest air horn I can buy. I am all for first come first serve. No one follows the rules anymore. Cut trees, using screw in steps, leaving stands all week, and using feeders. Now wonder the corp is shutting down places to hunt to many freakin idiots out there. Hope everyone has a better year than me Iam going back to just hunting ducks.

Comment

Hey guys, new to this so im sure I will prob post this wrong. Just wondering if many people hunt Steel creek?

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                              Hey guys, new to this so im sure I will prob post this wrong. Just wondering if many people hunt Steel creek?
                              Nope, Welcome just fyi no one will say where they hunt do to the people who watch and hunt your spot when you aren't there.

Comment

Sorry to hear LW. Air horn sounds like a great idea

Welcome AllenShawn1. That creek sometimes gets raped pretty good by the locals. The folks in the house half way up, or down, pending wich way you enter, sometimes party with loud music, or target shoot off that bluff they live on. Since they built that house, COE has had many probs with them in the past laying claim to COE property, and running folks off COE property. Thats what I hear anyway . I sometimes duck hunt the creek when the water is a little higher and have seen 2-8 boats of deer hunters there. I've also seen 4 wheelers running the beach multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                                X