Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2023 TPWD Public Drawn Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 TPWD Public Drawn Hunts

Booklet and Website should be updated sometime in July or no later than August 1, 2023 per a reliable source with TPWD in Austin. I did not do very well in last years draw. Hoping to do better this year.

Ya its normally the 1st of July, and I think the first hunt deadlines start August 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
      Booklet and Website should be updated sometime in July or no later than August 1, 2023 per a reliable source with TPWD in Austin. I did not do very well in last years draw. Hoping to do better this year.

I'ma hoping to draw better too ! But I don't have any more 13+ point categories .

Look-n forward to it!

Comment

I love this time of year especially as I am currently a public only hunter. I have been very successful relatively at drawing, not so much at the killing, although I get get drawn for the Hag and got a doe with 20 minutes left in my last sit, (and 7 dogs circling around me multiple times during the hunt. ) at the very least, I have my golden ticket.

Comment

Bet I don’t get drawn for Fairfield again.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I'ma hoping to draw better too ! But I don't have any more 13+ point categories .

Look-n forward to it!
            Yes Sir! I am right there with you!!

Comment

I just want to get drawn at all. Been p I toting in for my son and I for the past several years and have yet to get drawn. Would be nice to land the hag.

Comment

This will be my son's last year to apply as a youth hunter. Kinda bittersweet.....he's drawn a lot of hunts over the years, and he's really growing into a good young man. I will miss the youth hunts as they generally are a lot of fun. Hopefully he'll draw again this year and we'll get to go out with a couple youth hunts his last year of eligibility.

Last year, dad and I drew a gun deer either sex hunt at Abilene State Park. Not the best hunting overall, but we had a lot of fun, and both got something. I'd go again just to spend time in the woods with dad. That was only the second hunt (adult) that I've drawn. I've gotta few points in a few categories. Hopefully I'll draw some more hunts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                  This will be my son's last year to apply as a youth hunter. Kinda bittersweet.....he's drawn a lot of hunts over the years, and he's really growing into a good young man. I will miss the youth hunts as they generally are a lot of fun. Hopefully he'll draw again this year and we'll get to go out with a couple youth hunts his last year of eligibility.

Last year, dad and I drew a gun deer either sex hunt at Abilene State Park. Not the best hunting overall, but we had a lot of fun, and both got something. I'd go again just to spend time in the woods with dad. That was only the second hunt (adult) that I've drawn. I've gotta few points in a few categories. Hopefully I'll draw some more hunts this year.
                  Good Luck to you and your Son. Have ypu applied for the Powderhorn Youth Hunt? It would be cool for your Son to have a chance at a Sambar Deer on his last Youth hunt!!

Comment

This has got to be my year.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      This has got to be my year.

I hope so, Bud!

Comment

I went 0 for 22 last year. I'm pretty sure I'll at least twice as many hunts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                          Good Luck to you and your Son. Have ypu applied for the Powderhorn Youth Hunt? It would be cool for your Son to have a chance at a Sambar Deer on his last Youth hunt!!
                          I've put him in there a few times but haven't drawn there.

He has been drawn for 5 hunts. He's also been able to get drawn on a standby hunt 3 times (only tried standby 4 times). So he's been fortunate enough to go on 8 hunts through TPWD.

Also, through TYHP, he's drawn 3 hunts. One of those hunts he didn't get to hunt. We showed up on Friday and he got sick and by Saturday he was really sick so we left.
                          Last edited by BradBryant1000; 05-10-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Im in to donate again.

Comment

I’m good for my usual 40-50$ donation

Comment

Working...
                              X