No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment B 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got out and scouted yesterday. Put about 10 miles in. Saw 11 deer. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      I got out and scouted yesterday. Put about 10 miles in. Saw 11 deer. Good stuff.
      I didn't see any deer. Saw a ton of really fresh hot sign.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
        I didn't see any deer. Saw a ton of really fresh hot sign.

Correction: lots of fresh hog sign

Comment

Did everyone attend the orientation yesterday? Has anyone created a group chat yet to use in the field the hunt weekend (like GroupMe)? I saw that someone did it last year and it was briefly mentioned on the call.

Would work well for those needing help with stuff while we're out there!

Comment

I was not able to make it. I planned on attending Thursday Oct 20. I would join the chat.

Comment

Well, I did the pig hunt and my group stayed at the Eisenhower State Park. It is about a half hour drive though. I thought about doing an air bnb, but all the ones I was finding were too expensive. Anyone want to split an airbnb?
              If you have a camper you can stay at my place. Full hookups.

Comment

I attended the orientation. I would join the chat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  If you have a camper you can stay at my place. Full hookups.
                  I appreciate that but I don't have a camper. Right now a gentleman from here agreed to split a hotel room with me, so I should have that covered. Appreciate the offer though.

Comment

I found a room at Motel 6 (I'm not proud) in Denison for $207 for Thurs-Sun. The screened shelter at the state park was $100 less, but the convenience of having a room that's only 15 mins from the check-in center was worth it. Booking.com has the best deal.

Comment

Question for the brain trust here. Would it be normal or unusual to find a shed antler this time of year at Hagerman? I found one last week out on top of some leaves in the woods. It was stained from moisture and dirt, was broken off past the g3, but appeared to not have any other trauma to it. Surely it was from last year? But I thought that they would be chewed on by now, especially out in the open like it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
                        I found a room at Motel 6 (I'm not proud) in Denison for $207 for Thurs-Sun. The screened shelter at the state park was $100 less, but the convenience of having a room that's only 15 mins from the check-in center was worth it. Booking.com has the best deal.

I hope that price was for all 4 days ???

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          I hope that price was for all 4 days ???
                          Yes sir!

Comment

Went out scouting today. Saw plenty of pigs and a really big 8 pt. Found a couple of good spots that I'm hoping to snag first.

Comment

Good deal! My kid was sick and I am taking care of him or we would be out there too. I might have a chance next Saturday.

Comment

Question for the brain trust here. Would it be normal or unusual to find a shed antler this time of year at Hagerman? I found one last week out on top of some leaves in the woods. It was stained from moisture and dirt, was broken off past the g3, but appeared to not have any other trauma to it. Surely it was from last year? But I thought that they would be chewed on by now, especially out in the open like it was.
                                If it looks semi-fresh on one side and sun-warn on the other, it was likely last year and just no critters found it to munch on. I can't imagine a buck dropping antlers right now unless something were physically wrong with the animal. Wouldn't think he'd break a whole side off sparring either.

Comment

Working...
                                X