LBJ National Grasslands 2022-23 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSchwartz View Post
    Well….anyone do any good this morning?? I screwed up and got in the tree too late. Spooked some deer in the process. Got within 5-10yds of a doe without knowing it. I think she scared me more than I scared her ��
    My buddy shot a spike Saturday evening as well, his first deer! I think there were a few other does posted to the Facebook page. Another hunter camping on our unit shot a doe. Don't know of any bucks killed at LBJ though.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      I ended up totally screwing up somebody else's hunt. I had no idea they were in there. I saw a truck but based on where it was parked I thought they were either hunting another spot or fishing. But apparently I walked in on him at 5:30, walked by him again hauling my gear out and a third time brining the cart in which was right at prime time.

If you're on here, sorry again brother. God's honest truth had no idea anyone was in there.
      Comes with the territory on public land. Sometimes it's just out of your hands. I've done the same thing. Congrats on the deer!

Comment

You're right but I still felt bad. It had to have been super frustrating for him! He did offer to help me drag her out, so maybe he wasn't too mad!

Thank you brother! I've never shot a deer on opening day before! It was awesome!

Comment

Which one of you dead beats owns this? Hard to believe someone lugging this beast of stand every 72hrs. Tons of trash under this stand and fresh corn on the ground, not even 20 yds from the stand. No good sign in the area, probably why this brilliant hunter is dropping corn.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post

Which one of you dead beats owns this? Hard to believe someone lugging this beast of stand every 72hrs. Tons of trash under this stand and fresh corn on the ground, not even 20 yds from the stand. No good sign in the area, probably why this brilliant hunter is dropping corn.
            PM sent.

Comment

Contact the office and give them the location. Those guys have always been super responsive when folks come across things like this.

Comment

Bummer. Got a pic of someone hunting with an AR out there once. Unless they were doing war games...

Comment

And it's not mine. I would never...

hunt in a two person stand...

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    A put a doe down Saturday evening! I called an audible last minute. I was in a unit I wanted to hunt for this buck I have 3 years pictures of but just couldn't get the setup right with the wind. So, I drove 20 minutes to another spot that I had a cell cam in (never hunted it before, just put a cam there in the summer) because it had descent movement on it. I went in at like 5:30pm or something, real late, got setup about 6:10pm, shot the doe at 6:30pm. It was crazy.

I ended up totally screwing up somebody else's hunt. I had no idea they were in there. I saw a truck but based on where it was parked I thought they were either hunting another spot or fishing. But apparently I walked in on him at 5:30, walked by him again hauling my gear out and a third time brining the cart in which was right at prime time.

If you're on here, sorry again brother. God's honest truth had no idea anyone was in there.

Congrats on the doe Troy!

Comment

Report it!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Congrats on the doe Troy!
                        Thank you sir!

Comment

The above pictures are why i quit hunting the LBJ. It got way over crowded, too many folks bending/breaking the rules.

Comment

I saw an almost identical setup this past weekend. Didn't notice any corn though. Don't believe it was the same unit. It had definitely been used recently though....new gear tether and straps. I'm planning on reporting that as well.

Kinda funny....deer aren't even really paying attention to feeders right now and he thinks a handful of corn is going to bring em in...
                            Last edited by TheSchwartz; 10-11-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              The above pictures are why i quit hunting the LBJ. It got way over crowded, too many folks bending/breaking the rules.
                              There are still some good areas that don't get crowded

Comment

BTW, if someone on here got 3 consecutive pictures of me on three different game cameras from Monday, my apologizes. Looks like you're hunting it pretty hard; I won't crowd your space!

Comment

Working...
                                X