Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split the desert bighorn off please

TP&W please split up the grandslam and add some hunts
    The big horn can use a price jump and separate lottery if none residents want to bid on it ( goveners hunt like other states)

The pronghorn, mule deer/ yoakum, trophy is lacking for Texas residents
    As the other draw is for a cull or open a separate trophy private land mule deer hunt, like white tail has/ white tail bownanza

If a rich guy that wants a sheep slam then they usually have no limits trying to win! thusly excluding a average joe

Just food for thought

Comment

0 for 21 this year. Ooof. I guess the point cubing is working in letting the old timers all get drawn. I drew some really good hunts early on in my drawing days in Texas. I haven't drawn one thing in the last three years!

Comment

0 for 16 this year.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Draw hunts

Non-residents get in for the same price as residents and have the same odds. Every state differs some, but most western states do not give non-residents equal opportunity and equal pricing.

None of these hunts should have the same price and opportunity for non-residents. They are all reducing opportunity for residents. I say make them pay more (or at least require a non-resident hunting license to apply) and reduce their draw opportunities. That reduction could easily be in the form of a cap in non-residents drawing permits. That’s how it works in many (if not most) western states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Army of Dad; 11-02-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            Kinda sad that I have 7 preference points for spring turkey and didn't draw.
            Same here. I thought sure I’d at least draw that.

Comment

Drew choke canyon hog. 2 this year. Down from the last few years but I'm ok with it.

Comment

Why do some hunts go straight to "not selected" and other seem to go "pending 2nd draw"?

Comment

If there were 40 permits and you were selected in the top 80 you would get pending second draw. If you were 81 or more you go straight to not selected.

Comment

Anyone beside me draw garner state park exotic 01/05-01/07-2022.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      If there were 40 permits and you were selected in the top 80 you would get pending second draw. If you were 81 or more you go straight to not selected.
                      That doesn't make any sense, there is only 1 bighorn sheep and every year I get "pending second draw"

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                        Why do some hunts go straight to "not selected" and other seem to go "pending 2nd draw"?
                        It's purely up to the hunt area. Some hunts do a second draw and some do not.

Comment

The sadistic people at TPWD sent me some random email today and when I first saw their name in my inbox, the day after the Exotic drawing, I thought I’d won.

Turns out they just wanted to inform me of the benefits my combo license affords that I may not have known about (I knew).

Oh, and some dingleberry from VA won the Grand slam. That should be for Texans only.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            The sadistic people at TPWD sent me some random email today and when I first saw their name in my inbox, the day after the Exotic drawing, I thought I’d won.

Turns out they just wanted to inform me of the benefits my combo license affords that I may not have known about (I knew).

Oh, and some dingleberry from VA won the Grand slam. That should be for Texans only.
                            They got me with the same email.

Comment

3 for 74 this year. Dove, pigs and squirrels be ****ed!

5 for 109 in my 2 years doing this and all I have to show is 3 dove haha.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

1 for 23 this year. Antlerless at perdenales. I had a few more than 10points, dad had a few less took a 10 point average between me and my dad. I got a local doe tag for the Sam also if you want to count that.I went 3 years I believe without getting one before this season used to be a gimme. Good luck to those drawn hope to see a few live threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X