No announcement yet.

Draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have pending on one, but straight to “not selected” on another. They were real quick with that one.

Comment

Pending 2nd on Bighorn, so likely nothing for me

Comment

Me and J-Bone hit Devils River Aoudad Hunt. Only took me 22 points

Comment

So far, no good. Few more left to draw.

Comment

There is still hope! Pending 2nd draw.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              That draw is basically a raffle, so the odds are the same whether you are in state or not.....other states 100% limit out of state draw, really wish these were limited to in state only, but TPWD is all about that money these days, so that is a pipedream.
              Yes but other states also have set aside licenses just for a NR draw. We as residents have to give up a certain number of the available tags every year to NRs so they have a chance to draw for all of our species.

I agree as residents you should have an advantage in your draw hunts, but the raffle hunts are a different game. They are as a fund raiser or am I mistaken ?

Comment

Well, 2021 is wrap on draw hunts for my group. We drew 0 just like every year before. Here's to 2022!

To all those who drew good luck and congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Yes but other states also have set aside licenses just for a NR draw. We as residents have to give up a certain number of the available tags every year to NRs so they have a chance to draw for all of our species.

I agree as residents you should have an advantage in your draw hunts, but the raffle hunts are a different game. They are as a fund raiser or am I mistaken ?
                  Most of the out of state raffle tags are tags given to private conservation groups to raffle or sell at auction. TPWD does it to raise money only for TPWD which doesn't exactly do a great job of using those funds for wildlife. Roughly 20% of TPWD annual budget goes to wildlife and fisheries. Ironically, that is almost the exact same amount that goes to law enforcement in their budget.

Also, the states that have a portion for out of state hunters typically have significantly more than 1-2 tags for a species in the state and usually the out of state percentage is 10-20% of the tag alotment. When there are 2 bighorn tags available, in state hunters should be given preferential treatment. If there were 10, I'd say 8 for in state and 2 for out of state hunters would be fair, but with 2, there's no reason those animals shouldn't stay in the state.
                  Last edited by tommy1005; 11-02-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

pending 2nd on Gemsbok and Oryx now too....so I'm likely out on these hunts this year

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      Me and J-Bone hit Devils River Aoudad Hunt. Only took me 22 points
                      awesome...the youth exotic there is the last draw we are waiting on. good luck

edit: and we are pending.

my boys drew youth GDE at powderhorn so we didnt get shut out completely. pumped for it.

Comment

Kinda sad that I have 7 preference points for spring turkey and didn't draw.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                          pending 2nd on Gemsbok and Oryx now too....so I'm likely out on these hunts this year
                          im pending 2nd draw on both of these as well

Comment

Comment

I'm done for the year. Drew Balcones Canyonland this year so it wasn't a complete shutout this year. Keeping the streak alive.

Comment

Me and two buddies drew hagerman hog! Read up on a thread from last year and over 80 hogs killed by 29 hunters! This outta be fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X