No announcement yet.

Draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They haven't drawn yet. At least not for the ones I'm in.

Comment

They usually drink a few pots of coffee and wait for things to loosen up before they turn on the ball swirling machine.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
        They usually drink a few pots of coffee and wait for things to loosen up before they turn on the ball swirling machine.
        Lol

Comment

"things" to loosen up - LOL

Comment

I saw that a non-resident won the Texas Grand Slam. 2nd year in a row. Can't you just feel the love?

Comment

I'm waiting on 3 today....hopefully one of them hits, but with only 4 points, I'm pretty sure I'll be out of the drawing this year....missed on muley's too

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                I saw that a non-resident won the Texas Grand Slam. 2nd year in a row. Can't you just feel the love?
                Are the odds equal here for non-residents who apply? Are the odds equal for non-residents in other states?

Comment

Are the odds equal here for non-residents who apply? Are the odds equal for non-residents in other states?
                  That draw is basically a raffle, so the odds are the same whether you are in state or not.....other states 100% limit out of state draw, really wish these were limited to in state only, but TPWD is all about that money these days, so that is a pipedream.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                    That draw is basically a raffle, so the odds are the same whether you are in state or not.....other states 100% limit out of state draw, really wish these were limited to in state only, but TPWD is all about that money these days, so that is a pipedream.

You mean limiting all draw hunts or just the Grand Slam/Whitetail Bonanza/Gemsbok/Oryx/Big Horn Sheep hunts?

I could support limiting the special hunts but the public land hunts not so much. That be like if the Western states didn't allow non-residents to put into their draw systems.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                      wow, that sucks.

Comment

I'm all for non-residents applying and winning. I for sure will continue to apply in other states. But I do think that there should be SOME advantage to residents. Especially with Bighorn as there are only a handful of tags in Texas each year.

Comment

Well, we could all take our millions in draw money out of their coffers for one year in protest, but that would be a tough task to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                            You mean limiting all draw hunts or just the Grand Slam/Whitetail Bonanza/Gemsbok/Oryx/Big Horn Sheep hunts?

I could support limiting the special hunts but the public land hunts not so much. That be like if the Western states didn't allow non-residents to put into their draw systems.
                            Just for the grand slam/gemsbok/oryx/big horn hunts. I don't mind nonresidents for public land or even the whitetail bonanza, and honestly don't mind them being in the draw for the others, but in state should get some sort of advantage. I'm thinking if you're in state you get your name in the hat 2-3x vs out-of-state only getting 1. That's still better chances for out-of-state hunters than most other states give, but would allow for more of a chance that a Texas hunter would win.

If you go to other states for bighorn or some of the more rare hunts, out of state hunters get very minimal tags, which is why it typically takes 20-30 preference points to draw one. I see no reason out-of-state hunters for these exclusive hunts should be given the same treatment as in state hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                              Just for the grand slam/gemsbok/oryx/big horn hunts. I don't mind nonresidents for public land or even the whitetail bonanza, and honestly don't mind them being in the draw for the others, but in state should get some sort of advantage. I'm thinking if you're in state you get your name in the hat 2-3x vs out-of-state only getting 1. That's still better chances for out-of-state hunters than most other states give, but would allow for more of a chance that a Texas hunter would win.

If you go to other states for bighorn or some of the more rare hunts, out of state hunters get very minimal tags, which is why it typically takes 20-30 preference points to draw one. I see no reason out-of-state hunters for these exclusive hunts should be given the same treatment as in state hunters.
                              That's exactly where I stand on it.

Comment

They're drawing now. Just got the coveted "Pending 2nd Draw" in the exotics category

Comment

Working...
                                X