No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck for me yesterday. The wind was to high for my little boat to cross the lake in the morning so I set up on the spot I saw a pile of turkeys the other day with my mouth call. It was also where I’d lost my range finder. Unfortunately some duck hunters set up directly upwind of me lol. First light, literally right after I heard the hens yelping one shot at a duck lol. I decided to wait it out then at 8:15 a duck flew over and there was 5 shots. I called it quits then. Got down and hunted my range finder down and left. Tried to cross the lake but couldn’t so I went around to cedar creek and skirted the shore. Didn’t see anything just spooked something right when I started climbing down.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
      Anyone wanna send the Texas weather to Iowa?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      I’ll trade ya Justin, just wait two weeks though I don’t need that crap while I’m tripping pipe

Comment

Who is still getting after the deer? It’s been a grind lol. It’s getting hard to drag myself out of bed.

Comment

I might go chase a few next week. It'll be my first time for the lake for deer this year.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I might go chase a few next week. It'll be my first time for the lake for deer this year.

What happened on your draw hunt? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Comment

It's in the Enchanted Rock doe/spike thread. I did do that hunt. But haven't hunted the lake yet, till this past Sunday morning when I went ducking. I've spent some Saturdays watching the youngest grandboy play football. It's his first year for football. But he's been playing soccer since he was 4 yoa. They won their division championship this past Saturday. I've had a ton of other stuff going on as well. And only 1 day to do domestic chores on weekends. I did get two days of laundry done yesterday evening.

Comment

TG, dove hunting this Sunday, B4?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  TG, dove hunting this Sunday, B4?

Possibly. I've found the best way to hunt the late season for dove is to walk them up. They have a tendency to hug the ground in late season due the colder temps, hunting for seeds. And not fly like they do in the early season, where you can catch them going to water. They will usually be in groups during the late season. Sometimes very very large groups. They even roost on the ground sometimes. If you kick a really big group up, then they will circle around back to that spot. Sometimes multiple times, giving many shot opportunities. But, you got to find them first.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-13-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I'm off for two weeks starting Monday. No plans. Gonna see what kinda trouble I can get into. Should be easy enough, since it follows me around.

Edit: Layed out some feed yesterday evening. Already checked the weather for wind and rain. Going after fur, feathers, and fins.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-16-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

And Santa might have some new reindeer in his slay, if it's complete. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dec 13.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	24670868

Comment

And since I do a lot of public lands hunting, I made a custom headliner for the interior before the new motor went in. I'll finish fully restoring the interior when I pick it up. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211017_115737.jpg
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	24670869Click image for larger version

Name:	20211025_171830.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	24670870Click image for larger version

Name:	20211025_171849.jpg
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	24670871

Comment

Is that an LS replacing the old TBI 350?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                            Is that an LS replacing the old TBI 350?
                            Yes sir. It is.

Comment

Good looking reindeer. And headliner. I have an old ford 302 in my 69 ranger. I think I'm going back to the original 360 that was in it. If I can afford the gas.

Comment

TG looks good. For a second I thought you got it back. Good luck this weekend. I’m on call so guess I’ll work on my project this weekend and maybe next.

Comment

Working...
                                X