No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrived a little later than I wanted to but got camp set up, got 2 climbers set up. Don’t feel too good about the spots due to lack of signs. But will try it out and scout some more tomorrow.

Comment

Anybody know a good archery shop in the area that carries a decent selection of bow sights? Had a freak accident on the way out to my atv this evening that resulted in breaking my sight clean off of my bow. I have a backup crossbow but really would prefer to try to get the bow fixed in the morning and hunt with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
        Anybody know a good archery shop in the area that carries a decent selection of bow sights? Had a freak accident on the way out to my atv this evening that resulted in breaking my sight clean off of my bow. I have a backup crossbow but really would prefer to try to get the bow fixed in the morning and hunt with it.

Canton is probably the biggest and best around. There is outdoor country in Fairfield but I’m not sure about Jack’s selection. I think Freedom in Corsicana is pretty much closed now.

Edit: there is also outdoor connection in Jacksonville.

Comment

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Double post.

Comment

I'm rolling into campground in about 30 minutes. Around X Tara

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
              Are you delivering pizza?!

Because you're not allowed to hunt bud, you missed the mandatory orientation.[emoji54]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ditto, as above. You missed mandatory orientation...

Comment

Good luck

Dad and his buddy tried to get on standby but didn't make the cut

And like others said, on these hunts if you miss orientation there is no make up, at least in the past that is how it has been

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    Are you delivering pizza?!

Because you're not allowed to hunt bud, you missed the mandatory orientation.[emoji54]

Yup. I'm a retard and totally thought orientation was on Saturday just like the youth hunt. Oh well. I drove to Huntsville State Park and will crash around the archery only zone.

Looks like I will have 2 more days of vacation for Laguna

Comment

Yup. I'm a retard and totally thought orientation was on Saturday just like the youth hunt. Oh well. I drove to Huntsville State Park and will crash around the archery only zone.

Bummer man, good luck in Huntsville

Comment

So, you're not bringing pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          So, you're not bringing pizza?

Well he sure won’t tonight!!!
                          I got to chat with the lad last night. Real nice guy! When he pulled up a chair to my campfire, he asked what time the orientation was gonna take place. I said noon today!!
                          He had one of those ole crap moments!!!
                          Anyway, first full day and I haven’t seen a deer. So I made some moves that looks better. We shall see. Weather is crazy. Liked to froze last night and about to have a heat stroke now!!!

Comment

I almost froze during my nap today. That AC was delightful. I almost over slept for the evening hunt.

Wonder if Dominos will deliver?
                            Address: Back in the woods behind the prison. Don't pick up hitchhikers. Extra ranch.

Comment

Saw 6 different bucks and 3 doe this morning. Evenings seem slow. And yes it did get a little cold at the campsite last night. We will be around the fire again tonight feel free to stop over.

Comment

Hunted a couple hours this morning w the crossbow and saw a few deer. 2 bucks, 1 was a shooter just didnt get a shot. The other was heavier and taller but only saw him from the side through the woods.

After that I ran up to Canton to get a new site to replace the one I broke last night and get the bow checked out to make sure I didn’t screw anything up. The guys at the Canton archery shop were amazing! I explained my situation and even though they were busy they got me all set up with a new site, tuned my bow and worked with me to get the site sighted in(it is a single pin slider which I have no experience setting up). I was in and out in an hour and back in the stand by early afternoon... and saw absolutely nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X