No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only had a group of hogs come in this evening. Gonna have to move that stand tomorrow. What I thought was west wasn’t, so this evening I had the sun directly in my face.

Comment

Its the first week of November and no one has killed a deer this hunt[emoji3166][emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

1 that I know of was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          1 that I know of was taken.

Heard it was a 11pt. I just got winded. Wind was supposed to be out of the south. Instead, right out of the East. 2 does and a fawn comes in from the south, circled around and game over.
          Need to find me another set up for this evening. Should have brought some shorts, it’s hot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            Heard it was a 11pt. I just got winded. Wind was supposed to be out of the south. Instead, right out of the East. 2 does and a fawn comes in from the south, circled around and game over.

Need to find me another set up for this evening. Should have brought some shorts, it’s hot!!!
            It was actually a 9 pt. I have alot of footage of that buck. Congrats to the hunter.

Comment

Bud Light Pavillion is now OPEN!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dullin some knives on some hides.

Comment

It had a kicker that was partially broken off and a g4 that was borderline scoreable. So it could have been a 9 or 11 depending on how liberal you are with your point counting.

Comment

Post a pic

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                    It had a kicker that was partially broken off and a g4 that was borderline scoreable. So it could have been a 9 or 11 depending on how liberal you are with your point counting.

1" or great to be a scoreable point, hence me calling it a 9.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Post a pic
                      Here you go[emoji3]

Comment

Well, I just got back home. The last 2 days, I guess I didn’t have enough of service to post anything but could text anybody I wanted.
                        Anyways, it’s a long haul in and out on the atv. Don’t know how people hunt on foot out there. The ride in and out is pretty bumpy and I carried my bow in the case strapped to the back rack. So this morning I had a group of hogs come in. Had no desire to waste a BH and arrow on one, but I got to thinking, what if my sights are off due to all the vibration. So I had to find out. Nope, all still good. Made another heart shot at 20yds. She ran 25 yards and fell dead. No tracking required. Fell in sight. Using my binoculars, I could see a massive blood trail from the stand. That was it for today. Just wasn’t a lot of moving out there.
                        Being it was my first time out there, hard to pick a spot. Lot of ground out there. I still enjoyed it. Beats being at work any given day!!

Comment

I drew a tag for BLB 10/15-10/24 this year. I'm excited, my first drawn hunt. I have only hunted Old Sabine Bottom with no success. It will be good getting to hunt in a different area. I have read a lot of posts and research to get prepared. As far as I know, you need a stand (I'll be using my loan wolf hang on), an atv, and you can bait but it might only slow the deer down if you put it in the right area but won't bring them out of their natural travel. I've done a little e-scouting but there is only so much to see since it is all the same flat mature oaks.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. My plan is to try to do as much boots on the ground scouting that I can as I only live an hour away (Tyler) and try to find transition lines, funnels, and crossings. I figured it is pointless to hunt food unless you find a tree just raining acorns with good sign, and water will be all over just like OSB.

Also, from what I have heard, you can only shoot bucks with a 15 or greater spread or a spike, but I've seen some people talk about possibly being able to shoot a doe? Can anyone confirm this or does it vary on the year.

Comment

Working...
                          X