No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really nice meeting some of you guys out at BLB. We didn't get anything but saw a few nice bucks and had lots to talk to about after our trip. On to Richland Creek North!

Comment

We break down BLB and show our hunt on youtube if anyone is interested.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VewQnSodHa0"]Big Lake Bottom - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

For those that have been out there, is there a lot of under brush like yaupon?
        From pics that I’ve seen, doesn’t look like a lot of under story.

Comment

No. There is ragweed but at least on the west side it's fairly clear like a mature forest. Ground is covered by twigs and leaves. The rag weed isn't as high this year as last. Lots of poison ivy and oak. Watch out for the locust trees.

Comment

Originally posted by CNF Outdoors View Post

Big Lake Bottom - YouTube
            You also broke a few laws that could result in some type of fine(I'd know[emoji28]) and possibly banned from the WMA.

I highly suggest removal of this pronto, Gents. Plus its just counterproductive for yours (and others) future opportunities in hunting there. Other than the few likes and addition of a couple followers to your YouTube channel, I'm not sure what is you gain with this, I digress.[emoji849] I'd bet there's more that would echo this same type of response, and of course those who'd rebuttal and just never understand as to why.

Just my opinion & advice(experience), if there's ever someone you randomly take advice from....let it be me today.

A+ for effort & time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              You also broke a few laws that could result in some type of fine(I'd know[emoji28]) and possibly banned from the WMA.

I watched the video. Just curious to what laws were broken?

Comment

^ in for this^

Comment

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post

I saw maybe two-three, but maybe I’m missing something? (And those were maybes since the property could choose to allow them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Army of Dad; 10-21-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Big Lake Bottom - YouTube

I’ve got a single mom neighbor whose son wants to hunt. I put him in for the youth hunt and he drew.

The antler restrictions were interesting and unexpected since the draw site just says equal to or wider than the ear tips. I wonder if they will go back to 13” on youth hunts...

I don’t have a ATV and he’s not ready for climbing trees. His hunt is a rifle hunt, do you think we could be ok using a ground blind?

Comment

Likely he was talking about the beer during dinner and the drone footage. Both of which I’m comfortable passing the red face test on. We are having fun and anyone who met us can tell you we aren’t doing anything to detract from anyone’s hunt. We are reasonable people.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                        I’ve got a single mom neighbor whose son wants to hunt. I put him in for the youth hunt and he drew.

The antler restrictions were interesting and unexpected since the draw site just says equal to or wider than the ear tips. I wonder if they will go back to 13” on youth hunts...

I don’t have a ATV and he’s not ready for climbing trees. His hunt is a rifle hunt, do you think we could be ok using a ground blind?

Rifle hunting would be great in a ground blind. Had we been crossbow shooters the ground blind would not have been an issue. You guys will have a very memorable time!

Comment

Rifle hunting would be great in a ground blind. Had we been crossbow shooters the ground blind would not have been an issue. You guys will have a very memorable time!

Thanks for the reply and the video. Definitely helps with hunt planning a bit and certainly has me even more excited to get him out there for his first hunt

Comment

Really nice meeting some of you guys out at BLB. We didn't get anything but saw a few nice bucks and had lots to talk to about after our trip. On to Richland Creek North!

What dates will you guys be at RC?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBCAT4119 View Post
                              What dates will you guys be at RC?
                              Up here now we drew 10/16 - 10/25. Unfortunately we only have 3 days available to hunt and we are about halfway through those 3 days. So far 3 6 points and an 8. Nothing big enough to shoot at. We got good footage of a 6 that was under us for about 30 minutes yesterday. We are still getting after it though hoping to take something home.

Comment

I did not want to air that out, but rather just offer my suggestion to remove the video being that it contains at least two laws/rules that are not permited and could result in a citation. Take my advice. AGAIN, I know from experience, hence my acknowledgement and advice of fair warning.

I had to google "pass the red face test". CNF Outdoors responded with the two non permitted actions, admittingly.

1)Unauthorized Operation of Aircraft
                                2) Public display of consumption of Alcohol on WMA. (Covered in orientation)

A sum of about $500 in citations.[emoji53] AND sometimes they come in the form of certified mail[emoji28]

Not wise to post a video, nor to admit with zero guilt.
                                I'm not replying to cause an arguement, there is none. Nor am I questioning anyones character, they both seem to be very reasonable guys. Just unaware their posted video is incriminating.

Like hunting here? Cool, me too. I now prefer to wisely hunt public, privately.

Oh, and its TPWD Biologist, not a Park Ranger. There's a difference.

Off my soapbox![emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X