• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys! Send us some kill pictures

Comment

Finish strong guys and girls!

Comment

My day 13 of 14 all day sits saw a 165” chasing at 1:50PM in the pouring rain. Suck it up ButterCups

Comment

Originally posted by Null90 View Post
          I’m buckled in and will be here until dark. Thanks for the uplifting words. I got a golden ticket for next year and can’t wait to be back. There is no doubt it’s a hard hunt but there is something to say about hunting the caliber of deer that live at Hagerman. My buddy who was drawn with me this year had an encounter with a true giant at 20 yards this morning. He wasn’t able to seal the deal and it rattled him to the point he went home. Keep your head on a swivel boys they are here.

I would be finding a new buddy. No way I would ever go on another hunt with someone who quits because they saw a big deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m buckled in and will be here until dark. Thanks for the uplifting words. I got a golden ticket for next year and can’t wait to be back. There is no doubt it’s a hard hunt but there is something to say about hunting the caliber of deer that live at Hagerman. My buddy who was drawn with me this year had an encounter with a true giant at 20 yards this morning. He wasn’t able to seal the deal and it rattled him to the point he went home. Keep your head on a swivel boys they are here.
            Dang did he have doe in rut on him or something? If that's the case I can understand being rattled if a giant thought he was about to get him some hot doe right then and he was the doe. Otherwise I would still be hunting for that giant.

Comment

I had a chance at my golden ticket and blew it.

Still sick about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                I would be finding a new buddy. No way I would ever go on another hunt with someone who quits because they saw a big deer.

This is so true !
                I actually almost died laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by cdunbar35 View Post
                  Congrats!!! I’d love to see how you’re attaching that game cart to your bike! I’m in Seg C and trying to figure that out just in case lol
                  you can use 2 eye bolts connected with a rod coupling

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                    you can use 2 eye bolts connected with a rod coupling
                    I ended up figuring out how to rig it up- I used U-Bolts and some cattle clips but seems to work well and pull easy. Not sure how to post pics or I would show it

Comment

Surely there is more to the story than he "had an encounter"?

Miss? Hit a limb? Couldn't pull his bow back?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Surely there is more to the story than he "had an encounter"?

Miss? Hit a limb? Couldn't pull his bow back?
                        He never got a shot off. The buck had him pegged the second he came out of the brush. Stomp Stomp Stomp and blew out like a freight train. He came out at 50-60 yards and instantly pegged him. Even though he came in to 20 yards, he never presented an ethical shot. Those GIANTS don't get that big by being dumb!

Comment

Did anyone ever hear a count total on harvested deer at the end of the segment?

Comment

That's what he told me anyways. Heck, he mighta crapped his pants and shot 12' over his back for all I know LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
                              Did anyone ever hear a count total on harvested deer at the end of the segment?

16 deer, 6 of them bucks.

I think only three deer were killed yesterday, all of them does.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                                I am going to guess 20...maybe 25 diehards are still hunting.

After 10 years of hunting there between 2000 and 2016 I know how tough it is.

I have not posted this in a few years. This is dedicated to the hunters that are toughing it out until last light today.

Day 3
                                Sore bodies and tired eyes are the rule of the day
                                It is the price that you have to pay
                                Its day three in a Hagerman tree

Some hunters have moved, some have called it quits
                                The die hards are planning to make all day sits

Should I stay or should I move my stand
                                These mind bending questions are always at hand

Those free pass does are just out of range
                                Everyone is hoping that their luck will change

For the first time hunters…now you know
                                It’s the toughest deer hunt you will do with a bow

And just as you thought of heading to the truck
                                You get a glimpse of that Hail Mary buck

When the sun sets today and you are packing out your gear
                                You will be hoping for the chance to come back here
                                Its day three in a Hagerman tree
                                Great stuff Mike! I am sooooo ready for Segment C.
                                Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                                16 deer, 6 of them bucks.

I think only three deer were killed yesterday, all of them does.

Thanks for the update sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X