Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
    Was #5 in line .4 trucks went all the way to unit 5. Watched 5 bikes ride to horse island so far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    There’s 4 tripods and at least one pop up blind (that I know about) set up on horse island.....it was a bike show over there yesterday.....

Comment

Unit 8 is like a blaze orange fashion show right now. Been in my tripod since before light, seen 7 hunters either walking or riding bikes so far, zero game. I guess moving around during peak hunting time is the thing to do now days, lol.

Comment

Yup, I just flagged 1 off. Luckily he was respectful, waved, and backed out. Just watched 2 skirt a field edge 600 yards away

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That gets your blood pumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 does and 1 decent 8 point so far

Comment

Saw nilgai, a heavy 6 pointer, does, javelinas and coyotes on scouting day.

Comment

Missed a big cow at 50 yards. Arrow hit a small branch I couldn’t see.

Comment

What unit are you in TXFire?

Comment

Originally posted by Hughesb81 View Post
                    What unit are you in TXFire?

#1, and you?

Comment

Same

Comment

Had 2 young bulls go between me and another hunter in 8, 200 yards crossing the clearing on a slow lope heading into the bush....

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Hunting from a mesquite tree and had two bulls coming in hot (assumed they got bumped). They both stopped at 43 yards looking my direction. Waited for them to come in to a clearing, drew back on the second one and my arrow hit a branch, kicking it off the rest before I could release. They heard it and bolted. They never knew I was there the entire time. So beyond p1ssed! Saw a cow in the exact same spot on scouting day too.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                            Hunting from a mesquite tree and had two bulls coming in hot (assumed they got bumped). They both stopped at 43 yards looking my direction. Waited for them to come in to a clearing, drew back on the second one and my arrow hit a branch, kicking it off the rest before I could release. They heard it and bolted. They never knew I was there the entire time. So beyond p1ssed! Saw a cow in the exact same spot on scouting day too.
                            When you’re targeting these things....is it better to hunt small parks inside thickets or heavy trails on the edges of thickets/motts?

Comment

Originally posted by TenRing View Post
                              When you’re targeting these things....is it better to hunt small parks inside thickets or heavy trails on the edges of thickets/motts?

I look for heavy cover with sporadic open grasses, along with choke points. I’m also looking for fresh poop. I expected them to come out in 3 different routes. They were exactly where I thought they would be, I just fubarred on execution.

Rifle hunting them is a somewhat different. I like to glass or sit on a road and wait for them to cross. Usually shots are far.

Also, luck plays a huge role with me as well! “Better to be lucky than good!”

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                Missed a big cow at 50 yards. Arrow hit a small branch I couldn’t see.

What. Don’t be doing that! Keep at em bud

Comment

Working...
                                X