Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
    So who all will be there for the 13-17th hunt? I would like to connect with y’all and get a group text going. Always good to have some help if needed and give each other info that’s useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m the following weekend. I would definitely be interested in the same for those on the 20-24th hunt. Always good to meet some fellow TBHr’s.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
      For sure sarcasm haha. Can’t shoot stick something from the couch! You only live once so I’d say go for it man!

That is right! Luckily the hunt is over a weekend. So I'll probably go ahead and give it a shot.

Comment

My son Owen and I will be there for the 13-17 hunt. Craig (830) 313-2311

Comment

"So who all will be there for the 13-17th hunt? I would like to connect with y’all and get a group text going. Always good to have some help if needed and give each other info that’s useful."

My son Owen and I will be there for the 13-17 hunt. Craig (830) 313-2311

Comment

The Bahia Grande hunt for archery might be tough. Thinking outside your usual parameters might be in order. Was hoping to draw the muzzleloader hunt there.

Comment

I got draw for muzzleloader Feb 19-21. Anybody else?

Comment

Anyone know if the postponed hunts are still going on through this weekend? We were planning to go this weekend to check the place out and do whatever scouting we can with general access.

Comment

I was there a few weeks ago and there are a lot of thorns on the roads as they recently mowed/shredded.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                    The Bahia Grande hunt for archery might be tough. Thinking outside your usual parameters might be in order. Was hoping to draw the muzzleloader hunt there.
                    From what the Park staff told us, the Nilgai on that unit have never been hunted and are not as skittish and the unit is “infested “.

Comment

One day I will get drawn for the rifle hunts. Going on 22 years of putting in for it and have never been drawn for the rifle hunts. Not complaining I guess but this point system is not very fair, you would think after over twenty years you would get drawn.

For archery only one year I was not drawn been fortunate the other 20 something years.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        I can remember when we had to send an application by mail to Laguna. I got drawn pretty regularly. Those were the good times. Then TPWD took over the drawn hunts, and I haven't seen Laguna in probably 6+ years. Got drawn for East Lake 3 years ago for a shotgun only deer hunt. Got lucky this year, got drawn for East Lake for an exotic hunt in February.
                        The good ol days, I remember just showing up at the check station morning of hunt and getting permit on spot. Miss those days it’s a nightmare now

Comment

We use to have a lease that bordered Bahia Grande, I’m thinking it’s going to be pretty tough hunt but we should see decent amount of nilgai

Comment

There are always a few nilgai that get hit on the highway bordering Bahia Grande

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                              From what the Park staff told us, the Nilgai on that unit have never been hunted and are not as skittish and the unit is “infested “.

Love the sound of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There are always a few nilgai that get hit on the highway bordering Bahia Grande

I’d hate to hit a Nilgai. White tails are bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X