Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    Unless they've lifted the restrictions on transporting untreated capes/hides, I doubt the check in process will be entirely digital. I still expect game will need be checked in and the skinning rack/walk in cooler should still be available for the public use, or at least it should be.

I can add that orientation will be different

Yeah, I’m guessing it will just be like a papa John’s touchless pizza delivery. You drop the hide in the cooler with your name on it. They inspect it, then text you that it’s ready for pick up... but we’ll see

Comment

I just hope to have a hide for them to inspect! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
        What LED lights are y’all running for a headlight on your bike? Looking for the brightest and a light that has a good beam!

No light on my bike. I rather not announce my presence. The eyes get used to the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
          No light on my bike. I rather not announce my presence. The eyes get used to the dark.

That’s a great way to get hurt real, real bad... but whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
            Same for me. Only use the light in the parking lot at the truck then ride in the dark.
            Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
            Well anything could happen but luckily nothing yet.

Comment

I can remember when we had to send an application by mail to Laguna. I got drawn pretty regularly. Those were the good times. Then TPWD took over the drawn hunts, and I haven't seen Laguna in probably 6+ years. Got drawn for East Lake 3 years ago for a shotgun only deer hunt. Got lucky this year, got drawn for East Lake for an exotic hunt in February.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                unless it is a moonless dark ride, I'd rather ride in without a light. After a few minutes, your eyes get used to the available light.

Comment

No one's ever heard of red night lights? Come on, guys, what do you think the red lamp of you headlight is for, emergency signaling? The red light is very dim and doesn't travel far at all, but once your eyes get used to it in darkness, you can see very well, at least near-range. Think about red lights in ships' pilothouses -- same idea -- it is very dark to everyone except the guys whose eyes have gotten used to it, which takes only a few minutes. You won't announce your arrival to anything as long as you keep it pointed to the ground. I've seen some pretty scary ***** walking in total darkness in there, and I might have stepped on it had I not seen it first, and I only saw it because of the red light on my head. Maybe not so necessary while biking on the roads, but walking in darkness through the tall brush without a red light to see what I'm about to step on? No thank you.

Comment

I can agree with the red headlamp if walking in the brush in deep darkness. However, by then, you should probably be walking or riding the trails to the truck already

Comment

So who all will be there for the 13-17th hunt? I would like to connect with y’all and get a group text going. Always good to have some help if needed and give each other info that’s useful.

Comment

I drew the Archery exotic hunt for the Bahia Grande unit. Would this even be worth a trip down? Looks to be mostly open and mainly lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                          I drew the Archery exotic hunt for the Bahia Grande unit. Would this even be worth a trip down? Looks to be mostly open and mainly lakes.
                          No probably not. You shouldn’t buy the permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                            No probably not. You shouldn’t buy the permit.
                            Hmm. Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Comment

For sure sarcasm haha. Can’t shoot stick something from the couch! You only live once so I’d say go for it man!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                                Hmm. Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
                                I believe its the first time that place is offered to hunt- I have driven through there and most of does look like open marshland- but who knows, it might srill be worth a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X