No announcement yet.

Benbrook Lake 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told a few years back you could bike as long as you stayed on the road. Maybe they changed their position but that could help you a bit as you can use oil well roads for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
      FYI riding a bike in there is against the rules. If you get caught they will probably cancel your permit to hunt. I had more conversations with the game wardens this year than I have had in 5 years.
      GW or the uscoe officers. and how many would that be?

Comment

GW. There have been 2 working that area but they are coordinating with the USCOE officers to catch violators. Both officers were nice and polite but I have seen them driving around even when they did not stop. The explanation from the COE office is that there are horseback riders and runners using the roads so no bikes allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
          I've had my eye on that area. I have heard good things. I am either going to have to take a boat, or a bike to get back there and check it out. When I measured it, its a little over 2 miles from the parking lot. So its definitely a good ways back.
          Careful as many post on here to get you about 2 miles from the woods they are hunting...

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
            I was told a few years back you could bike as long as you stayed on the road. Maybe they changed their position but that could help you a bit as you can use oil well roads for a bit.

Yes, I did see a couple of years ago that there was no bike riding. Yet, every year, I see people riding bikes, and walking. I asked one of the rangers while I was out there, and they told me it was ok. But would probably be safe to check again.

Comment

FYI riding a bike in there is against the rules. If you get caught they will probably cancel your permit to hunt. I had more conversations with the game wardens this year than I have had in 5 years.
              Thing is... Game Warden has say, but from my understanding at Benbrook they are there to enforce game limits, and rules. I think the people who enforce the property rules are actually the COE rangers. So this is why I asked them. I could be 100% wrong.. But I can call the office. I was hunting a couple of years ago, and had some people come out there shooting some sort or AR. I had to call the police, just to be able to leave, as they were shooting down the road I walked in on. Police, and Park Ranger showed up.... No GW.

Comment

Originally posted by BowJunkie View Post
                Careful as many post on here to get you about 2 miles from the woods they are hunting...
                This I know. Scouting is key!

Comment

Anyone had any luck out there?

Comment

Anyone had any luck out there?
                    I have been wondering the same thing. Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

I got my sets hung. Saw a hunter in orange about 200 yards from the gate hunting near the main road. Found a pop up blind set up with scrape drippers hand corn stealth cam and all the gear inside. Stand was not properly marked and was empty. Seems like they left the pop up when they heard me coming. Found a gut pile and stand at my fav location. So I set up else where as this spot had at least three hunters within 150 yards of each other. My shot just opened so I will update.

Comment

Hunted there the last two weeks and got a above avg buck at best. Ran cell cams for 3 weeks and all the deer are 10pm-2am. Too much pressure out there and saw hunters walking around during prime time hunting and had another set up 50 yards from my set up. Not seeing anything close to what I've seen in the past. Not sure if poachers or just every swinging.... out there is new and blowing the place up keeping them on private land. Last three years have been declining.

Comment

Originally posted by BowJunkie View Post
                          Hunted there the last two weeks and got a above avg buck at best. Ran cell cams for 3 weeks and all the deer are 10pm-2am. Too much pressure out there and saw hunters walking around during prime time hunting and had another set up 50 yards from my set up. Not seeing anything close to what I've seen in the past. Not sure if poachers or just every swinging.... out there is new and blowing the place up keeping them on private land. Last three years have been declining.
                          Do you still have a muddy cell cam padlocked to a tree on the Richardson Slu side of the lake? Is so I gave you a hello today.

Comment

Is this anybody on here’s feeders?

Comment

All I can say is absolute overpressure. Everywhere. Gonna have to set up next to folks no matter how far you go. We accessed by boat.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                                Is this anybody on here’s feeders?

I was thinking about that until I read the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X