Benbrook Lake 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
    We have 4 cameras out and we are not seeing much on them. even the area we hunted last year that was covered in sign has only yielded 3 photos in over a week. Good luck to all.
    I went out to check cams a few days ago and my SD card reader didn't work, go figure haha. I'll get a different reader and go out again next week.

Comment

Originally posted by da_pepper View Post
      Me and my brother were drawn for this same hunt. May run into you at some point. Its my 4th time drawn.
      yeah that would be great! pm me when time comes.

be safe out there everyone. if anyone needs a hand tracking, I live close by and dont mind helping out.

Comment

Good luck to all in the woods this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone find an arrow this morning. My nephew lost one either in the parking area off Old Granbury or on the walk in. PM me if you found it.

Comment

Anyone find an arrow this morning. My nephew lost one either in the parking area off Old Granbury or on the walk in. PM me if you found it.

Post the location of the blind and we can help you look.

Comment

Or he launched and missed and is pulling the old "I lost my arrow". Why my friends and I often do an arrow count on each other to determine if a shirt tail needs cutting!

Comment

Unfortunately a miss would have been better, at least we would have had something to shoot at. The day walker that comes in at 6:15 and spends 2 hours wandering the roads doesn't help at all. We just moved the blind to an area less traveled.

Comment

Anyone have any luck so far? What pictures we have are mostly nighttime and deer seem skittish.

Comment

With 4 cameras going we are just getting night photos. I haven't seen this area this dead in the 5 years we have been hunting it. About the only daytime pictures have been 2 turkey hens just before dark.

Comment

Benbrook Lake 2020-21

With 4 cameras going we are just getting night photos. I haven't seen this area this dead in the 5 years we have been hunting it. About the only daytime pictures have been 2 turkey hens just before dark.

I have one stand that have been blown at early in the morning (6am ish) but seems that deer aren’t moving during day good and mostly night. Always surprises me that no hogs are in the area as at least can be a fun target. Hoping with the moon disappearing to have better movement by the end of the our period. Camera seem to show me that deer were moving most between 8pm to 4am, but not many at that.

Last edited by bmac; 10-10-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

same thing last year with no day movement until later in the year. anyone seeing any yotes? last year there were tons.

Comment

Just took my stand out from the Old Granbury Rd side, wont have anytime to hunt during the week before my 2 weeks ends. Had a couple does visit the ol corn pile on opening weekend and got to draw back on one but both spooked when a bird started squawking before I could get a shot off. Between the temperature and full moon right now, they are basically nocturnal. Oh well, on to Lake Whitney now

Good luck to the rest of the hunters out there!

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            Anyone have any luck so far? What pictures we have are mostly nighttime and deer seem skittish.

No luck from me, got to see a couple right as shooting light broke but they were very skiddish. Even on opening morning. We had several cameras up as well and have some very nice midnight bucks around there. Totally dead during the day.

Comment

We got 1 daylight pic yesterday when it was 89 degrees but that is it. I have gotten more picks of grasshoppers crawling on the cameras than anything else. Had a dove hunter walk by one of my cameras at 7:30 this morning.

Comment

One more day and out. Still having the same luck. We had 23 pictures of does on one camera one night but nothing in the day time. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X