No announcement yet.

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those getting drawn how many points did you have? I am just curious if 5 points is alot for Spring Turkey or 7pts of Archery Deer? I have only been drawn by mistake. They e-mailed me later apologized and gave me back my few points.

Comment

All of mine were duds, except one. Garner SP exotic archery says pending second draw. What exactly does that mean. 1st year trying this.
      It means that if 10 days after the hunt deadline someone who won hasn't paid for their tag, it will go into another drawing. Everyone who doesn't draw goes to pending 2nd draw. Not all hunts do a second draw. I this case the hunt deadline is October 25th. Second drawing will happen afterwards. Usually with incredibly slim odds.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
        It means that if 10 days after the hunt deadline someone who won hasn't paid for their tag, it will go into another drawing. Everyone who doesn't draw goes to pending 2nd draw. Not all hunts do a second draw. I this case the hunt deadline is October 25th. Second drawing will happen afterwards. Usually with incredibly slim odds.

Thank you sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No Sheep for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
            For those getting drawn how many points did you have? I am just curious if 5 points is alot for Spring Turkey or 7pts of Archery Deer? I have only been drawn by mistake. They e-mailed me later apologized and gave me back my few points.

Points in the TPWD system are almost worthless. Or rather additional points provide only very minimal benefit.

They are just extra tickets in the church raffle box, in some cases you could be looking at 7 chances out of 10,000+. That’s better than 1 in the same group, but not much better.

Comment

The kids and myself struck out today. Everything is pending second draw for us.

Comment

I do find it odd I won 2 hunts my verrrryyyy first time applying.. .and have spent the last two years (2 years after my first) not winning anything.. lol.

Comment

No sheep, no mule deer. Clean sweep this year. Guess I’ll save a little money. Hopefully some youngsters were drawn.

Comment

lots of second draws pending, or in other words, lots of striking out

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      drew black gap mule deer. if anyone can share any info i'm all ears.
                      Congrats buddy. That is awesome.

I got an email Saturday that my son had drawn another hunt that he was initially pending 2nd draw. Going to Balcones Cayonlands NWR 11/15-17.

Comment

I have 8 “pending 2nd draw”

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                          Points in the TPWD system are almost worthless. Or rather additional points provide only very minimal benefit.

They are just extra tickets in the church raffle box, in some cases you could be looking at 7 chances out of 10,000+. That’s better than 1 in the same group, but not much better.

Um.....thats a 600% increase in your chances over 1 pt soooooo

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                            Not necessarily, because pretty much everyone else also gains points every year. lol

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post

Ok, so what’s your draw odds with one point and 10,000 other draw positions and then with 8 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                                Congrats buddy. That is awesome.

I got an email Saturday that my son had drawn another hunt that he was initially pending 2nd draw. Going to Balcones Cayonlands NWR 11/15-17.

That will be a good one! Second draws are rare so maybe his lucky hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X