Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    It's started. I'm pending second draw on Archery Exotic and Bighorn Sheep.

I believe the draw is rigged, it was my year to win bighorn....
    Yes. It's rigged. I was supposed to draw bighorn this year. Maybe, with two of us up for it the computer just defaulted to some unworthy and unknown slacker that won't appreciate what they won.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
      Wow they were quick about it today. Looks like I’m going back to Richland Creek WMA for a duck hunt with my dad in January. Pending 2nd on all mule deer and spring turkey unfortunately.
      We'll be there 17th to 19th. What dates do you have?

We drew three postcard hunts this year. Two waterfowl and one archery deer on pending second. Still not happy. Didn't draw squirrel. Who the heck puts in for squirrel? All those squirrels need to reject their permits. I deserve squirrel cause I'm more worthy

Comment

Pending second draw means there a 99.9 percent chance your %@#@ out of luck my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
          Pending second draw means there a 99.9 percent chance your %@#@ out of luck my friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
          So you're saying there's a chance???

Comment

No dice here either! Only LE draw I had all year was CO cow elk-- annual donations complete to AZ, CO, ME, NV, TX, UT, WY!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I suspect the system is heavily weighted towards first time applicants. 8 or so years in a row now I've literally never drawn a single thing, archery or otherwise. I have about 20-25 apps per year depending on schedule. I'm very unlucky.
              Yep, haven’t drawn in 9 years

Comment

How could a drawing based on random selection with bonus points be rigged or weighted to favor someone without bonus points? That doesn't even make sense.

Comment

for something like mule deer, pending 2nd draw probably means you've got about a 1/20000 chance of getting drawn so more like you're 99.995% #$@$ out of luck.

and I can personally testify after not getting drawn on about 85 hunts for me and my kids with 0 or 1 loyalty points since we started applying last year there is no preference given to newbies. It's just a system where the odds of getting drawn are extremely low most of the time. Some people just get lucky.

Comment

Struck out on everything today. But earlier won laguna atascosa archery and playa lakes epostcard waterfowl, so I’m not complaining. First time in 3 years I won anything.

Does anyone know when they draw the big time Texas hunts?

Comment

I guess If I didnt get an email....I didnt get drawn? or can I check status online?

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                        Struck out on everything today. But earlier won laguna atascosa archery and playa lakes epostcard waterfowl, so I’m not complaining. First time in 3 years I won anything.

Laguna is a fun hunt! A tough one but really fun!

Comment

Pending 2nd Draw. Par for the course.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post

According to the rules section of the TPWD Big Time Hunts page, winners of big time hunts will be notified "within two weeks" of drawing. So, you should know if you won or not by Wednesday 10/30.

I have 17 permits "pending 2nd draw", so I guess I didn't win anything this go-around. It's all good though, I got picked for the 1/10-1/12 rifle hunt at Laguna and this was the first year I put in for it.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

We drew Richland Creek North in Dec. First time drawn in 8 years.

Comment

All of mine were duds, except one. Garner SP exotic archery says pending second draw. What exactly does that mean. 1st year trying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X