"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    Chris i am going to put a lock on in the tree closest to the spring on the backside of the dry tank, it's the same tree i shot the sow out of in my avatar, i shot three pigs there in 07, if u want we could rotate and swap during the extreme hunt if one of us is seeing more pigs...hopefully your not talking about my hackberry tree lol......
    It's the one next to it

Comment

I think im going to head out in this cold weather and see whats moving.

Comment

double ladder

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
        It's the one next to it
        as many of ladder stand and lockons i have counted still out we should just put a two man ladder on that tree by the spring and draw straws to see who shoots first or do one two three shoot lol, there's stands still all over out there obviously its still too cold for the thieves to come out with hacksaws and boltcutters... i won't leave anything out there overnight unless maybe during the extreme hunt because we will all be out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Zipshod View Post
          Check out previous postings. I deer hunted there and seldom saw pigs in compartment B nor did I see very many signs. The only place I saw decent signs was the back side of compartment C but not nearly as good as the other side of the lake.
          Thanks man. I've noticed some of the guys on here are real territorial, and wont share anything with anyone.

Comment

Troll alert!

Comment

Originally posted by hogzillahunter View Post
              Thanks man. I've noticed some of the guys on here are real territorial, and wont share anything with anyone.
              Brother, lemme tell ya - there are plenty of hogs at Granger for everybody! There's no reason for folks to be intentionally secretive when there's sounders of 20-50 running around.

I usually don't spit out the GPS coordinates of where I make a kill, but I have no problem relating the general area I was.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hogzillahunter View Post
                There's plenty of good reasons for that! Put in the time and you will figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                  Brother, lemme tell ya - there are plenty of hogs at Granger for everybody! There's no reason for folks to be intentionally secretive when there's sounders of 20-50 running around.

I usually don't spit out the GPS coordinates of where I make a kill, but I have no problem relating the general area I was.

Good luck!

Oh there is reasons... just like what some on here call the spot. Could always find hogs there and usually get on them pretty easy. Now since last years extreme hunt it had been getting pounded every weekend. Still hogs there but they are spooky as all get out. Alot easier to hunt the hogs out there if they arent getting pushed ever couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by wilcohunter View Post
                    Oh there is reasons... just like what some on here call the spot. Could always find hogs there and usually get on them pretty easy. Now since last years extreme hunt it had been getting pounded every weekend. Still hogs there but they are spooky as all get out. Alot easier to hunt the hogs out there if they arent getting pushed ever couple days.
                    I totally hear you man, but on the flipside, many of us started out getting some tips from the more experienced folks. I 100% agree that you definitely need to put in your time out there and cut your teeth, I myself put over 100 miles on foot at Granger last year.

But, I don't mind relating what entrance I came in at for example. It at least gives the new folks some general idea of where to start, and they still have tons and tons of ground to cover anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                      I totally hear you man, but on the flipside, many of us started out getting some tips from the more experienced folks. I 100% agree that you definitely need to put in your time out there and cut your teeth, I myself put over 100 miles on foot at Granger last year.

But, I don't mind relating what entrance I came in at for example. It at least gives the new folks some general idea of where to start, and they still have tons and tons of ground to cover anyway.
                      Oh I know you cut your teeth out there the hard way! Paying off this year looks like

Comment

My son is trying to make me go out to Granger tomarow. Will be at Gate 6 sometime early afternoon. There will be two of us. Anyone want to join up for a hog drive? My old bones aint feeling this cold weather but once i get in there im sure it will be a blast.

Comment

I don't mind helping a new bee.but I will agree the spot has been hunted hard.people are walking in from hyway 95 for a chance to hit the spot.wonder how they would ever drag a pig out that far.kool were gonnatry some ddifferent spots on Saturday.

Comment

Woo hoo, let it snow.
                            If anyone is out between 6 and 7, I stuck a big black hog and ran out of daylight so he's still out there. I'm headed back out tomorrow to pick up the search.

I came across two big groups of hogs. Pigs to be had. Ya just got to find em.

Comment

Who is heading out to get the pigs with snow and ice on their backs in the morning?? Thinking about heading out

Comment

Although it's fun to be by urself and stalk up on one or a group I've seen over the last couple years people be way more successful when the pressure is on and the hogs are confused and make mistakes. I've seen them pushed and bed down in stuff that would never hold a sounder but they are so confused with the scent and commotion that they make mistakes.
                                I've hunted a lot out there by myself and had some success. But nothing is better to me than getting some blood brothers together and hunting them. As some of the elders who have hunted out there for years and my short ten years. I have never seen as many pigs and have had as many opportunities.
                                Let the woods be packed.

Comment

Working...
                                X