No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for sure will. It's the only close place to dove hint for me. Think I might try to use the boat to get to areas less crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      I for sure will. It's the only close place to dove hint for me. Think I might try to use the boat to get to areas less crowded.
      Let me know if you need some company. I know how you don't like the dark

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter_pepper View Post
        Let me know if you need some company. I know how you don't like the dark
        Always need a partner. I need a good bird dog. You got a good nose?

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
          I did well opening morning last year out at sore finger. Might head out again this year. Bring your hard hat though, it's pepper city.
          im sure it is,but thats where i was thinking about hitting to

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            Not me. Still to many snakes
            Ta-a'pah created the snake to protect the land from those who should not be there.

Comment

Good to see you guys talking about dove on here - checked the rest of the board and am not seeing much talk about Granger dove. Anybody had any luck with San Gabriel? Had a buddy go out opening day at Sore Finger last year and said it was too crowded, so I am looking for other options

Comment

My best luck was walking along the trails flushing them out of trees. Keeps you on your toes cause you never know your going to have one fly out. Otherwise you pretty much have to deal with pepper city.

Comment

Originally posted by ComanchePride79 View Post
                  Ta-a'pah created the snake to protect the land from those who should not be there.
                  I think I help the land more than the snakes. I do a pretty good job helping keep the non-native hog population in check. I spill blood that is used by the earth to produce lush fields and big pecan trees which help harbor rodents for the snakes...yeah, I think I belong, I am right at home where I'm meant to be out there

Comment

Im going to start bow hunting around Granger for deer & pigs. Iv been hunting deer all my life and been bow hunting for 5 years now on private land. I would like to have another place to hunt closer to home. Iv walked the Willis creek area and some of the San Gabriel fishing quite a bit but am unfamiliar with the rest of the land around granger lake. Would anyone be willing to meet up one day and show a new guy around a little? Id also be interested in meeting some of the regular granger guys on here and be willing to work together and stay in touch if anyone needs help with anything (setting stands, packing deer out, ect.) while were both out at the same time. Im also new to hunting public land so any help on do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                      I think I help the land more than the snakes. I do a pretty good job helping keep the non-native hog population in check. I spill blood that is used by the earth to produce lush fields and big pecan trees which help harbor rodents for the snakes...yeah, I think I belong, I am right at home where I'm meant to be out there
                      Pimoroo!!! You say you help keep the non-native hog population in check, but you are a non-native. This make sense how? You people kill these animals just like your fathers killed off the tasiwoo.

Comment

Originally posted by ComanchePride79 View Post
                        Pimoroo!!! You say you help keep the non-native hog population in check, but you are a non-native. This make sense how? You people kill these animals just like your fathers killed off the tasiwoo.
                        Who are you callin 'you people'

And at one point the Native American's weren't native to the area either. How far do you want to go back?

Oh but they cared for the land and took care of it and never depleted resources. Thats what many bow hunters here do, but there are always some bad apples in the bunch.

For the record, I would have been an indian and not a cowboy.

Welcome to the fire
                        Last edited by Patton; 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I think austin30 or what ever his name was turned in to a injun now

Comment

Originally posted by big10 View Post
                            Im going to start bow hunting around Granger for deer & pigs. Iv been hunting deer all my life and been bow hunting for 5 years now on private land. I would like to have another place to hunt closer to home. Iv walked the Willis creek area and some of the San Gabriel fishing quite a bit but am unfamiliar with the rest of the land around granger lake. Would anyone be willing to meet up one day and show a new guy around a little? Id also be interested in meeting some of the regular granger guys on here and be willing to work together and stay in touch if anyone needs help with anything (setting stands, packing deer out, ect.) while were both out at the same time. Im also new to hunting public land so any help on do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jerry
                            Do's:
                            Put in LOTS of boot time.
                            Go slow
                            Hunt the wind
                            Be ready
                            Permethrin in warm weather
                            Respect others in orange hunting an area
                            Beware of the Granger Gorilla
                            A mountian bike can get you back to some good areas
                            A boat can get you to better areas

Donts:
                            Take stands you find.
                            Hunt other peoples stands you find
                            Bother with baiting too much
                            Throw a wake when passing the primitave camp during GREX cause its wildmans ****ing river.

Oh dont ever share your honey hole on this thread. You will find 100 folks all over it when you go back.

Besides there no hogs at Granger. its closed.

Comment

Thanks for the help dirtymike. I look forward to getting out and putting some miles on my boots.

Comment

And you can't hunt deer without a postcard permit.

Comment

Working...
                                X