X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice kill

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
      Yeeeahh Excellent Bowkill ! That had to feel better than that crossbow.
      He's just about perfect for the pit.
      Party at your house !! haha
      That it did. Straps on the smoker as we speak/type.

Comment

So here's the story...I found a really sweet spot three weeks ago and hung my stand two weeks ago. Both times I jumped hogs. I was planning on putting a feeder out, but hadn't had the money. Went out this morning and got to Granger at about 6:15. Walked right up on a doe on the way in and could have made an easy 20 yrd shot on her if it was deer season and I was drawn. Got a good video though. Made it to my stand and the critters were out everywhere. Squirrels, and skunk etc. Sat for maybe 15 minutes and heard a snap behind me. Turned and saw this boar about 10yrds away. I watched him for a bit and noticed that he had winded me. Stood up and shot over my left shoulder. Struck him with Rage chisel tip extreme right between the eyes. He dropped instantly, but then began to thrash. Not knowing if it was a brain hit or that I just stunned him, I put another through his rib cage. After he expired, I was amazed to find that the first shot was definitely a kill shot. That broadhead and blades are buried somewhere deep in it's skull. Was a totally amazing experience.
        Last edited by Removed; 07-06-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

head shot

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
            So here's the story...I found a really sweet spot three weeks ago and hung my stand two weeks ago. Both times I jumped hogs. I was planning on putting a feeder out, but hadn't had the money. Went out this morning and got to Granger at about 6:15. Walked right up on a doe on the way in and could have made an easy 20 yrd shot on her if it was deer season and I was drawn. Got a good video though. Made it to my stand and the critters were out everywhere. Squirrels, and skunk etc. Sat for maybe 15 minutes and heard a snap behind me. Turned and saw this boar about 10yrds away. I watched him for a bit and noticed that he had winded me. Stood up and shot over my left shoulder. Struck him with Rage chisel tip extreme right between the eyes. He dropped instantly, but then began to thrash. Not knowing if it was a brain hit or that I just stunned him, I put another through his rib cage. After he expired, I was amazed to find that the first shot was definitely a kill shot. That broadhead and blades are buried somewhere deep in it's skull. Was a totally amazing experience.
            I shot a coon once in the head but I was aiming for his body, I assume you put your pin right on his head right.......lol either way he is bbq pork....I don't care if you killed him with your bare hands, it's a kill on Granger which although I think your nuts dealing with the poison ivy, ticks, heat, beggars lice, flies, gnats.....glad you got him, I don't start hunting them out here until jan-feb....was he full of hog lice and fleas????I hate those darn creatures.....

Comment

Suprisingly he didn't have anything on him but burs.

Comment

Congrats on the kill.

Comment

Great kill and story!

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    Great kill and story!
                    x2 brother,
                    made up a new bucket feeder be heading out in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                      I shot a coon once in the head but I was aiming for his body, I assume you put your pin right on his head right.......lol either way he is bbq pork....I don't care if you killed him with your bare hands, it's a kill on Granger which although I think your nuts dealing with the poison ivy, ticks, heat, beggars lice, flies, gnats.....glad you got him, I don't start hunting them out here until jan-feb....was he full of hog lice and fleas????I hate those darn creatures.....
                      To be honest, at that range and with the brush, I really didn't aim I don't think. I saw black in the sight ring and fired. I was scared he was going to take off after he smelled me.
                      Last edited by Removed; 07-07-2013, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Hell yeah, brotha! Congrats on the first non-crossbow bow kill, and you did a great job smoking those straps we feasted on last night. Glad I could help drag that hoss out of the woods!

Comment

To be honest, at that range and with the brush, I really didn't aim I don't think. I saw black in the sight ring and fired. I was scared he was going to take off after he smelled me.
                          Congrats on your first bow kill man! That didnt take long. Sometimes you shoot better when you just shoot by instinct and don't think about it. Took me a year or two to get my first bow kill.

Comment

Kap
                            Nice job!!!!!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

just to give u guys an update for out here at the lake, I have been seeing a lot of bobwhite quail(never before have I saw this many) all or most have chicks, tons of doves(morning and Eurasian collared) lots of does with fawns, and I have seen 3 trophy bucks with about 75% velvet growth, lots of young bucks. Just fyi for any of you bird hunters, and I still haven't heard from the tpwd biologist derrick walters, I quess we will find out at the last minute if there will be a post card hunt out here, I don't think trey carpenter has anything to do with granger but I am going to send him a pm and see if he can have derrick call me. I am going to try to square away the tpwd check station, i.e. getting it cleaned up and grass cut it looks bad over there.

Comment

Working...
                                X