No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well walked 4 miles this morning would’ve stayed longer but have to get ready for a wedding.
    Four does, one 8 point at ten yards. Very **** hard not to shoot him he was pretty. lots of hog signs but didn’t see any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
      Well walked 4 miles this morning would’ve stayed longer but have to get ready for a wedding.
      Four does, one 8 point at ten yards. Very **** hard not to shoot him he was pretty. lots of hog signs but didn’t see any

Should've went Legolas on the does, got your 2 then shot the buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Should've went Legolas on the does, got your 2 then shot the buck!

If I got drawn for granger deer hunt I would have without a doubt

Comment

Well, I went deeper into Granger than I've been before. Had a big boar at 40 yards, but he ducked the fence to private before I could close to 30 (I'm a recurve shooter). However, I finally drew blood on a Granger squirrel. These things have been my trad bow nemesis for a few years.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	TradSquirrel1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	24596454.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
            Well, I went deeper into Granger than I've been before. Had a big boar at 40 yards, but he ducked the fence to private before I could close to 30 (I'm a recurve shooter). However, I finally drew blood on a Granger squirrel. These things have been my trad bow nemesis for a few years.
            [ATTACH]977772[/ATTACH].
            Way to go man! Heck of a shot! Trying to think of where in granger i could "go deeper" guess there's a couple spots in pecan grove and san gabriel south of the river i haven't put boots on yet. Definitely gotta put some more miles on this winter.

Comment

Put the old story book three little piggies slightly beyond the distance desired to hunt. Than huff and puff on the Ragweed, hiding waiting, on the fearful little pigs to come running. (Do not smoke the ragweed. Does not work) Next go to HEB and buy a Boston Butt Roast. Win Win situation.

Comment

Thinking about making a trek this evening if anyone is planning to be out there.

Comment

I am rookie learning. No passing grades. I know I am perfect in every way but now humbled after many trips for the hogs. Baiting and hiding mainly very early morn. Started in thickish trees. Lots of does and a few small bucks (was not drawn so safe). No pigs. I see the night time havoc signs and tried watching more open areas with bait out the day before. Still nothing. Evenings I would expect little or no movement until nearly dark leaving little time to track and haul it out. Mainly working San Gab. section. Lot of tracks (hog and deer) and heavy used trails with identifiable hog and deer tracks since we had some rain. Anyone generous enough to share experience, tree areas seem all deer, open edges seem better or just walk forever and spook a sleeping hog? I did spook one and since I started Granger and was maybe 30' away before it ran from me out of the tall ragweed. No shot. Too quick.

Comment

Got my 2019-20 hog tags in the mail yesterday!

Can't wait to get after them this weekend! I have a feeling I'm going to finally turn my patch rightside up!

Comment

Got my 2019-20 hog tags in the mail yesterday!

Can't wait to get after them this weekend! I have a feeling I'm going to finally turn my patch rightside up!
                      Camping or just a day trip?

Comment

I'll hike into PC late Friday, hunting around there Saturday and Sunday AM then head out Sunday afternoon

Comment

I'll try to get up there after archery season, when my Bullis permit expires.

Comment

I'll hike into PC late Friday, hunting around there Saturday and Sunday AM then head out Sunday afternoon
                            I was hoping to get out there this weekend but i dont think ill make it. Forgot i have 6 flags tickets on saturday and i got plans to hunt waterfowl Sunday. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                              I was hoping to get out there this weekend but i dont think ill make it. Forgot i have 6 flags tickets on saturday and i got plans to hunt waterfowl Sunday. Good luck!
                              I'll try not to kill them all!

Comment

Looking at maps etc. not sure what area primitive Camp is hiking in. I need some fresh territory so I can quit complaining about no hogs where I have been hunting. I see the Primitive on the south side. I also here about boating in? A camp out might be good for my wife to get rid of me for a night. Or per her, maybe for a month or two. But than i Really have to kill something to eat. Is there a Burger King in walking distance?

Comment

Working...
                                X