No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want the little ones, they are tasty! You guys can have all the trophies!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
      Nice I saw a bunch of dove out there and duck in the evening yesterday. My son and I went out and scouted it out. Let us know how you do!
      Killed 7. Recovered 4. Need to get some decoys. And a dog that's worth a ****. I suck at locating em as is. Tall grass don't help

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
        I just want the little ones, they are tasty! You guys can have all the trophies!!
        did u see any bucks at sore finger. i'm assuming u jumped them up in weeds out of their beds. My buddy sneaky was drawn so i'm just wondering....always a butt load of deer out there

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
          did u see any bucks at sore finger. i'm assuming u jumped them up in weeds out of their beds. My buddy sneaky was drawn so i'm just wondering....always a butt load of deer out there
          I only saw a spike and he was with a group of 7 that I was stalking for fun. I was directly upwind to see how well my scent was protected and he smelled me at about 60 yards and took the group further south. My guess is any decent bucks are down there as well, prob on those peninsulas.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
            Killed 7. Recovered 4. Need to get some decoys. And a dog that's worth a ****. I suck at locating em as is. Tall grass don't help
            7 is great for public land, nice! I have a hard time locating and recovering them too, I am colorblind. Unless something moves its basically invisible to me, so it makes it interesting haha.

Comment

https://flic.kr/p/2hzd4WX

This was my route yesterday. The smaller blue circle is where I got full draw on that dow. The bigger ones are where I saw the group of 7 bed. I also spooked a ton just walking in the field, all doe and fawn though.
              Last edited by cgcaples12; 10-23-2019, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Anyone looking at going out this Saturday morning. I’m going think of either behind the dam or pecan grove off 1330. Shoot me a text we can link up 5128444528.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                  Anyone looking at going out this Saturday morning. I’m going think of either behind the dam or pecan grove off 1330. Shoot me a text we can link up 5128444528.

Wish I could meet up with you, but I have a big golf tournament fundraiser in Salado Saturday . Maybe next time.

Comment

Planning on a Granger pig stickin trip Nov 8-9. Gonna let some of the deer hype and temperatures cool off some...

Haven't been out there since my poor decision to hit up Granger in the middle of summer

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      Planning on a Granger pig stickin trip Nov 8-9. Gonna let some of the deer hype and temperatures cool off some...

Haven't been out there since my poor decision to hit up Granger in the middle of summer
                      That kinda sounds pretty great. Im worried ive been imprinting my deer stand a little too much lately. You gonna be setting up at the PC?

Comment

2 days in a row in San Gabriel unit (for Hogs) with some bait left each time (corn and pears from my tree). Big area but both in the trees near the lake/river. Deer. No hogs. Most sign (Hog) is close to parking lot. Maybe I should sit in my truck?

Comment

[QUOTE=Fthoodtanker;14454607]Anyone looking at going out this Saturday morning. I’m going think of either behind the dam or pecan grove off 1330. Shoot me a text we can link up 5128444528.

Good luck. I would go to the 1331 gate if i was you. Seen way more hogs that side of the spillway. Hardly even any sign on the san gabriel below the the dam. Too many anglers and dove hunters. That emergency spillway is torn up with hogs though. They seem to like to bed in the thick marshes over

Comment

[quote=Deaf;14456226]
                            Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post

Good luck. I would go to the 1331 gate if i was you. Seen way more hogs that side of the spillway. Hardly even any sign on the san gabriel below the the dam. Too many anglers and dove hunters. That emergency spillway is torn up with hogs though. They seem to like to bed in the thick marshes over

Thanks for the heads up will do that for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                              That kinda sounds pretty great. Im worried ive been imprinting my deer stand a little too much lately. You gonna be setting up at the PC?
                              Yeah I'll probably hike in friday night, set up at PC and hunt around there

Comment

We can hunt hogs even during the draw deer hunts?

Comment

Working...
                                X