No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you may want to study this definition and read through the synonyms carefully and ask yourself. Is this the kind man I want to be??

having a tendency or disposition to deceive or give false impressions:; not honest; deceptive, misleading… See the full definition

Comment

Then what the heck are these tags Jspradley sold me?!?!? I thought taging the boars sack with zip tie sounded different..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a super big hotspot between January and February seems to be between 6 and 7. If you want to get real crazy it seems you will want to put in a boat at 7, cross the river, and hunt over there. Good luck all!
        Last edited by cgcaples12; 11-11-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          And here I was planning on irradiating some pigs..

Rules don't say nothin about directed energy weapons.

Now that’s funny!

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
            Looks like a super big hotspot between January and February seems to be between 6 and 7. If you want to get real crazy it seems you will want to put in a boat at 7, cross the river, and hunt over there. Good luck all!

More pigs are killed in the winter due to less vegetation. Between 6-7 is good if you know where to look. Same with across the river, but once again only in spots you’ll learn through boots on the ground. Same with areas far less traveled but still PHL land. I’ve been hunting pigs there since 2012 and they are far less prevalent than they used to be. Are there still pigs, yes. Are the days of getting on multiple sounders of 15+ per trip over, I think so. The reason why is debatable, but internet popularity, helicopter hunts, etc are a few probable causes.

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
              Then what the heck are these tags Jspradley sold me?!?!? I thought taging the boars sack with zip tie sounded different..........

Hey man I don't make the rules...

Comment

Some of you may want to study this definition and read through the synonyms carefully and ask yourself. Is this the kind man I want to be??

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deceitful
                This one is pretty useful too.

http://https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/joke

The folks who razz "rookies" in here are also the ones who hand out info on how to hunt Granger like it's candy and are pretty much universally extremely helpful and generous.

The hog tag thing is a prank that's been going on for WAY longer than I ever even knew what Granger is, it's not malicious at all, just a way to haze the new guys a little. Heck, I'm still a "new guy" by Granger standards and I got it too.

It should be pretty obvious that a little convenience store n the middle of nowhere isn't going to have some special tag for an invasive species.

Comment

The folks who razz "rookies" in here are also the ones who hand out info on how to hunt Granger like it's candy and are pretty much universally extremely helpful and generous.

The hog tag thing is a prank that's been going on for WAY longer than I ever even knew what Granger is, it's not malicious at all, just a way to haze the new guys a little. Heck, I'm still a "new guy" by Granger standards and I got it too.

It should be pretty obvious that a little convenience store n the middle of nowhere isn't going to have some special tag for an invasive species.
                  Word.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post

I think that tagging method is per TPWD... the explanation I got on how to “tag” or “field mount” a SOW at Granger sounded a little peculiar though [emoji848].

Comment

Look up also; initiation, paying dues and gullible.

The limited sightings may be due to the increased hunting pressure, pushing the pigs to become nocturnal. Or into the nastiest stuff there is that the majority of "hunters" will not venture into. Going solo is pretty tough to push them out of cover and also get a shot, as they scream out the other end. Anyone giving your locations of pigs, the info is perishable and only good as long as they are standing there looking at the pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                        Look up also; initiation, paying dues and gullible.

The limited sightings may be due to the increased hunting pressure, pushing the pigs to become nocturnal. Or into the nastiest stuff there is that the majority of "hunters" will not venture into. Going solo is pretty tough to push them out of cover and also get a shot, as they scream out the other end. Anyone giving your locations of pigs, the info is perishable and only good as long as they are standing there looking at the pigs.
                        Initiation into what exactly? Paying dues to who? I wasn't aware Granger Public Hunting Land was owned by anyone or any "group". Hazing is a way for people who have been informed (usually by kissing a bunch of peoples asses) to take advantage of others who haven't "paid their dues". Explain how it is gullible to take advice on where to start out here and trust other hunter's word when they say try this spot out. The problem is not a lack of knowledge being shared, but a lack of honesty, courtesy, and respect.

Comment

It may be obvious to you, but brand new hunters don't know anything sometimes. The problem is not a joke, but an inside one that wastes time, energy, and is at the expense of a person's resources. The other problem is there is misinformation given out on purpose without the true knowledge being revealed in the end. Just a lot of snickering behind a screen and self inflation that you know a secret others don't.
                          Last edited by cgcaples12; 11-11-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Initiation and paying dues to the Granger wma itself. Respect is something earned, not demanded or automatically given. I thought it was Veterans day, not millennials day?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                              Initiation and paying dues to the Granger wma itself. Respect is something earned, not demanded or automatically given. I thought it was Veterans day, not millennials day?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I disagree. Respect is something that should be shown regardless. We are all human beings worthy of respect until shown otherwise. Happy Veteran's day! I am a proud Veteran myself!

Comment

It may be obvious to you, but brand new hunters don't know anything sometimes. The problem is not a joke, but an inside one that wastes time, energy, and is at the expense of a person's resources. The other problem is there is misinformation given out on purpose without the true knowledge being revealed in the end. Just a lot of snickering behind a screen and self inflation that you know a secret others don't.
                                So maybe you learned something. Dont ask where the hogs are, dont ask where to fish.... Especially on an open internet fourm and expect everyone to share their hot spots.

As Rat say's "you got to go to know"

Get out and learn with boots on the ground not fingers on keyboard. Loose the butthurt, you wont do well around here with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X