"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    Get a decent gps depth finder 300ish. Go slow. Every time you hit a bump mark it on the gps. Then after a lower unit or two you just avoid the spots you marked and create a route[emoji41] or follow me I am slow. "Dirty speed"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll have to take you up on that...I'll bring the oe 40's ....laid back

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
      I'll have to take you up on that...I'll bring the oe 40's ....laid back
      its really not that bad for the most part. There are a few stretches where you have to be pretty carefull. I have ran up it with my bass boat several times. Like Dirty said a decent GPS and get one of the chips with it. It shows the river channel for the most part but dont trust it too much! So far knock of wood I havent tore anything up out there...now my dad on the other hand bent his prop shaft out there last year.

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        I don't think y'all put a dent in the population. Y'all just pushed them to the neighbors. Keep feeding and stop hunting and they will all be right back. Just my 2 cents.

The boars I see like to hang back. They are smart. Sit back and sniff and listen. They get a whif of you, your gun oil, or the shuffle of your feet and they gone before you knew they were there. Lone boars I find to be quiet, and not in a hurry.

My buddy got one of the boars last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post

My buddy got one of the boars last night.

Where did he shoot that at?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

On some private land we hunt. Had trouble getting a few board off the place and my buddy finally got it done last night. Hit him in the top of the lungs and found the bullet in the neck on the other side. Dropped it in its tracks. When it went through the chest it turned and went to the neck and hit the spine

Comment

On some private land we hunt. Had trouble getting a few board off the place and my buddy finally got it done last night. Hit him in the top of the lungs and found the bullet in the neck on the other side. Dropped it in its tracks. When it went through the chest it turned and went to the neck and hit the spine

Awesome. Great boar. Keep it up!

Comment

Two more boars to get off the property that we have on camera. Hopefully the sounders of sows and shoats come back. They're better eating.

Comment

Two more boars to get off the property that we have on camera. Hopefully the sounders of sows and shoats come back. They're better eating.

If you need any help let me know.

Comment

I wish I could but they're really picky land owners.

Comment

I wish I could but they're really picky land owners.

All good. [emoji2] [emoji6]

Comment

Thumping hogs never gets old.

Comment

Hello all fully recovered from shoulder surgery and can't wait Til gets a lil cooler to hunt some hogs! Any new rules for granger for hunting hog??????

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                            Hello all fully recovered from shoulder surgery and can't wait Til gets a lil cooler to hunt some hogs! Any new rules for granger for hunting hog??????

Congrats on the recoop! No word here...however I havent properly scoured the APH handbook.

Next group hunt that I know of:

Its dang hot! Its dang humid! My florida-georgia line cant wait until cooler temps.

Yee Hawg!

Comment

Chief and I went Sunday night. We waded the river and saw three.

Comment

Weather is perfect today. Heading out to chase some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X