• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad you can't but that would be pretty cool

Comment

This would be considered an airgun...not allowed on granger phl

Comment

Schultz congrats on the retirement. Monday is my last day as well. Didn't make 20 but got medically separated at 16 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by ajcarricktx View Post
          Schultz congrats on the retirement. Monday is my last day as well. Didn't make 20 but got medically separated at 16 yrs.

Thanks bro I did 23 years but I didn't medically retire I regular retire but still got my 100% disability congratulations

Comment

Awesome shot, congrats on the hog!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
              Awesome shot, congrats on the hog!

Thanks bro it was exciting I could've shot another but was shocked being my first hog. Lol

Comment

Congrats on the kill Schultz! Got Amy pics/details?!

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
                  Congrats on the kill Schultz! Got Amy pics/details?!

Sure I parked by the bridge off of 95. Took the trail and stayed to the left of that private land to your right. I got the hog at the third corner of that property. About 5 meters from the fence. It's a group of 6 and 4 of them are three times as big as the one female I got. They gathered in a big bush and was about 10-15 yards from me right off that trail. Got so excited cause being my first pig I could've reloaded another arrow to shoot at those big ones but didn't . Next time I won't do that rookie mistake lol also it's warm now so ticks are abundant I had a ton on that pig good thing I always carry a large bottle of rubbing alcohol in my back pack. I poured it all over the pig before I skinned it the ticks all scattered away so I can do my work. The land owners came to my location and were pretty cool and said they got hogs also along the fence line. Easy for them they are in the clear side with a golf cart buggy lol and just FYI I used some hog esterus on my boots and a descenter spray on my clothes. They never saw me coming it was amazing how close I got.

Comment

Correction it's the fourth corner on the fence of that property to your right.

Comment

Very nice man! Glad you got one! I used scent block but never thought about estrus

Comment

I didn't even know they sold it I found it at Cabela's for small bottle kind of expensive for 10 bucks but I made it last a long time and it's real strong scent

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
                          I didn't even know they sold it I found it at Cabela's for small bottle kind of expensive for 10 bucks but I made it last a long time and it's real strong scent
                          Sounds like it was a good investment to help you get a first hog kill!

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post

Sure I parked by the bridge off of 95. Took the trail and stayed to the left of that private land to your right. I got the hog at the third corner of that property. About 5 meters from the fence. It's a group of 6 and 4 of them are three times as big as the one female I got. They gathered in a big bush and was about 10-15 yards from me right off that trail. Got so excited cause being my first pig I could've reloaded another arrow to shoot at those big ones but didn't . Next time I won't do that rookie mistake lol also it's warm now so ticks are abundant I had a ton on that pig good thing I always carry a large bottle of rubbing alcohol in my back pack. I poured it all over the pig before I skinned it the ticks all scattered away so I can do my work. The land owners came to my location and were pretty cool and said they got hogs also along the fence line. Easy for them they are in the clear side with a golf cart buggy lol and just FYI I used some hog esterus on my boots and a descenter spray on my clothes. They never saw me coming it was amazing how close I got.
                            Those were probably hog lice, not ticks.

Comment

I'm off work tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up and chase some bacon?

Comment

I might be heading out there around 11

Comment

Working...
                                X